Anyone have experience with chicken diapers + indoor pet chickens?

You'reASuperRedStar

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
We are contemplating letting our Red Star hen become an indoor pet chicken. She broke her leg last month and my spouse can't bear to part with her.

--Anyone have experience with using chicken diapers? Pros, cons, tips?

--Any positive indoor pet chicken stories?

Thanks!

Arlo was a pampered house rooster. He couldn't walk. He either lived in a basket, on my bed or in my arms. He didn't wear diapers but I didn't mind cleaning up after him. he was hand fed, hand watered, since he couldn't move easily. best wishes to your house chicken.

Arlo liked watching cartoons, he'd sit in his basked for Spongebob.

Last edited:
Im wondering the same thing. I have a Porcelain D'uccle who is scared of my other girls and they are so mean to her so I think she would do better living inside. Im going to try making some this weekend

Last edited:
When my EEs were about 6 months old (last February), we used to put the most laid back one (Chickie) in a diaper and let her in our house and out of the cold and snow from time to time. She seemed to enjoy hanging out with us. She was pretty cooperative with the diaper we got her from chickendiapers.com. Once it was nice outside, however, they really wanted no part of being indoors. Guess I can't blame them. No grass to eat or bugs to scratch for in our living room. I've tried putting the diaper on Chickie now (now she's 14 months old) and she absolutely will not cooperate. Can't get it on her. Maybe I'll try again when it gets nasty outside later in the season. Don't like hanging out with them outside in the cold/snow/wind of winter!

I use them on my little serama. Got them from 'lovemychix' . She sells them on the BST section... Everything For Sale. They are very reasonable and very well made.

6219_img_1298.jpg

Back
Top Bottom