Anyone have Good Duck Egg Candling Pics - Progression through Pip?

chickeepoo

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
I've got 7 Muscovy eggs that came from a nest where the mother was killed by a predator at the beginning of the week- I put them in the incubator, hoping to get them along to hatch, but I don't know exactly where they are in the 35 day cycle. They must be close, as the chick side of the egg is dark, no transluscence, the air sacs are kind of larger than what I thought they should be but with a very defined line of separation between the two.

Does anyone have any- or a link to any- good pics of candled duck eggs so I can tell where they are and when I should stop turning them/opening the incubator? This is a very "iffy" operation at this time due to me not knowing when incubation began, if some of these eggs were laid later than the first day of setting, etc. Just trying to help the little fellas out…

I thought duck eggs incubated for 28 days? I'd like to find some good candling pics as well, mine are on day 19 & I can see they're feet kicking & their heads moving up & down. My ducks are 10x more active than the chickens, they're so fun to watch!

Back
Top Bottom