Anyone have GreenChickenCoop.com experience?

I am so glad I found this thread. I was planning to have a carpenter friend build the Extended Alexandria coop for me.... I thought it was just PERFECT and exactly what I needed....but now I realize it's not going to be enough room for my 6 big hens. Back to the drawing board!
th.gif

Hi SaraBee,

I'm glad you found this thread as well. I don't know how much room you have for coop and run but if I could do it all over again I would get a wooden storage shed 8X10 from Lowes and retrofit it for a coop. If you have a handy carpenter that could easily be done then attach a run to it. Anyway it is so much fun and the eggs are an everyday surprise now! My girls just cackle when I thank them for their gifts. The best to you.

New pictures. Still working on it. Should complete this summer while off work. We have to finish the roof, paint and landscape. We will also attach the original A frame run to the side where the little screen chicken door is. The little room at the end has already been an infirmary, boody buster and storage area. No old hawk or coyote is getting these girls. It also has a dust bath area 2 x 3 that we did not brick in but has hardware cloth underneath for security. Summer nights they now sleep in the run area on the roost.

We have the Extended Alexandria chicken coop- it is the most well contructed and designed coop I have ever seen. We have 6 chickens and would not recommend more. We have a 9 foot run so plently of outdoor space. We had excellent service from the company. would highly recommend the product and company.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!

Green Chicken Coop offers a stylish, yet very expensive coop. Their service, once they get your money is third rate. They could give a crap who you are. The owner, Dan actually hung up on me! I was concerned how my delivery was shaping up...he said he didn't like my "tone" excuse me! I spent an arm and a leg on this coop, and it's still not here. They say 6 weeks to make them. They said they were "ready to ship" eager to collect the second half of the payment. Three weeks later I get an email asking where I want the windows!

I ordered May 15th 2013, and still have not received my coop! It's August 14th!! WTH

I called them a moment ago, Kelly in the office (Dan's stepson) says they shipped though Roadrunner Transportation Services. I Googled their name, holy moly worst feedback ever on Yelp. Stolen freight, late freight, etc. They sound terrible! So there you are, spend an arm and a leg and nada. Coop isn't even here yet! No apology or explanations.

The coop I bought was top of the line $2,800 + shipping

I have to agree. Avoid GreenChickenCoop.com at all costs!!! Dan lied to me repeatedly and kept stringing me along. Has anyone else had problems with him?

Long story short...
I placed an order for an Alexandria coop on Aug 8th. It should have been here by Aug 29th. It was never shipped. I asked for a refund. Dan got angry, made excuses and blamed me. I opened PayPal dispute. Dan tells me that he is going to make the refund as difficult as possible.

Here is the full story...
August 8th: I ordered the Alexandria coop, foolishly believing that it would be delivered in the 2-3 weeks stated on the website. " Delivery available directly to your home or farm in 2-3 weeks"

August 27th: A few days before the 3 week deadline I called to get tracking info so I could be there when it was delivered. The owner, Dan Cohen, told me "We just finished painting your coop and it will ship out tomorrow." I fell for it hook line and sinker.

September 3rd: I called and left a message asking again for tracking. The next day I got this email from Dan: "Received you phone call. You coop is completed and shipping out tomorrow. Contact me Thursday and I will proide tracking information." ( eerily similar to the chicken manure he fed me back on Aug 27th ) I still gave him the benefit of the doubt.

September 5th: I called back on Thursday morning... no answer, so I left another voice mail and then sent him an email too. By 9pm that evening I was beginning to wonder if I was being taken for a ride. l sent one more email: "Can you please tell me what is going on with my coop? Did it ship? May I please have the tracking info so that I can make arrangements to be home when it is delivered?"

September 6th: Called and spoke to Dan. Hmmm... evidently it was completely my fault my coop had not shipped yet, as he did not have my phone number to give to the shipper. I gave him my number and he tells me the coop will be here by next Wednesday ( Sept 11).
A little while later the shipper called to confirm my info. I asked when they were picking up ( Monday, Sept 9th ) and if it would be here by Wednesday, Sept 11th. With a bit of a chuckle the shipper told me that simply was not possible, I could expect it the following Monday, Sept 16.
OK... this is was the last straw. I politely told the shipper to not bother picking the coop up, opened a PayPal dispute for non reciept of goods, and then called Dan. I told him that it was way too late and I would like to get a refund. Dan blew up! He told me that I could not cancel a custom order. I reminded him that it was supposed to be here already. He tells me that nowhere on the site is there a guarantee the coop would be delivered in that time frame.
He keeps saying it was my fault that it had not shipped yet because he did not have my phone number ( I left it on his voice mail twice. Not to mention he never once asked me for it when I had him on the phone trying to get a tracking number. )
He was very, very angry and abusive. He would not let me get a word in edgewise. He kept trying to convince me I was being unreasonable, insisting that I was in the wrong and " trying to screw me (him) over". He was so furious about me trying to get a refund that the last thing he said before he hung up on me was " Since you are going to screw me, I'm going to do the same thing to you. Good luck getting your money back!"
I escalated my PayPal dispute to a claim.

So... anyway. Not the best experience. PayPal says I have to wait 11 days for Dan to respond to my dispute. I'm guessing he will drag this out as long as possible. Luckily I kept all our email correspondence and can show his lies and broken promises.

Please learn from my horrible ordeal. Always do some research on the seller. Always email and ask specific questions about the coop and options you want to order, when it will be ready to ship, how long shipping will take, and the expected delivery date.

If you use PayPal know that you only have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute.

And finally, there are many other sellers out there. Here are a few:

http://www.ezcleancoops.com
http://www.horizonstructures.com/
http://www.sunsetbarns.com
http://www.rootscoopsandmore.com

Last edited:
Twar, your experience sounds alot like mine. They simply cannot deliver on time. They make ridiculous estimations of time. It completely ruins the experience, and makes me want to get rid of my chickens :(

Be sure to leave a review on Yelp. I started a file there.

I mean really, I would post pleas for information on the Green Chicken Coop Facebook page, and my posts would be censored, deleted. I plan on writing a letter to Williams Sonoma about my experience. They sell their coops online...as does Amazon. Feel free to leave reviews everywhere. People need to know!!

Paypal just informed me that he has supplied them with a tracking number. The number does not work since the coop has not even been picked up yet. What does he think he's doing?

Paypal just informed me that he has supplied them with a tracking number. The number does not work since the coop has not even been picked up yet. What does he think he's doing?

What he is doing is dragging your paypal claim to the 45 day limit so he can tell paypal, you did not file your claim in a timely manner. Good luck with paypal! I hate to hear stories like this. It really makes me not sweat the $1,200.00 I have spent in materials on my coop. It is taking me longer to finish than I thought but it will be worth it. For the amounts of money I am reading about I would do like many on here and buy a shed from Lowes or Home Depot and convert it to a coop.

Heck for $2800 plus shipping you could probably have hired a carpenter and built the coop onsite and had much better quality than "Green". I steer clear of anything labled green that is not Simple Green. That is like eco friendly batteries, they don't exist.

Write them a registered letter asking why they are screwing you over. Make a paper trail, and then sue them in small claims. Is your Paypal connected to your bank account, or a credit card? Talk to your bank or credit card.

At least I got my coop. I can't say much about Dan, what a jerk! Stay away fro m Green Chicken Coop!

Back
Top Bottom