Anyone have luck catching a feral chicken?? UPDATE: Rooster caught, no hen

It said: The thermal cooker can also retain cold temperatures, and can thus function as an ice-box or wine cooler.

SOLD!!!!!

View attachment 1174784
I like how you think! Though I live in a tiny apt and have no more space for random appliances and I can't bear to part with anything.. b/c who doesn't need a waffle cone maker?! Although I did just discover that my bread maker also makes jam so now I'm set for the rest of my life. I do need a new crockpot though.. mine is tiny and 15 years old.

EVERYONE! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
IMG_1482.jpg

Hee hee, there's not many topics that are off-topic here. I think this thread is where topic-rated discussions go to die, so you're definitely good here.

And food is one of our favorite OTs! I've not heard of the thermal cooker. What can you make in it?

My mind really wants to believe it's the aluminum foil wrapped shoe box that you cook a hot dog in the sun. But my other mind is telling me no.

Sorry to go off topic, but I've noticed a lot of food conversation on here so thought I'd ask a question of ya'll:
Has anyone used a thermal cooker? It sounds like a great idea, but not sure if it is truly as good as it sounds. I was going to get one but thought I'd see if anyone has ever used one. Any thoughts?

Mine would NEVER do that! He asked me the other day if he should be concerned I talked to the dogs all the time. NO! I am here by myself most of the time, who else am I going to talk to other than my pets?
It somehow seems more "normal" when the pet talks back. When Dylan wants attention she says, "What'cha doin'?" Husband sometimes answers her now.

I'm watching a thread about Someone's chicken that got ripped open by a dog. The crop looks torn open in the picture.
I so wish I was there.
I'd be happy to flush that wound out and sew the crop back up to give that poor chicken a chance.
I saw another thread about the same thing once. They put their chicken down, but I mentioned it to another guy and he said it's totally possible to sew it up and the chicken survive. I hope the bird makes it! When I read that original thread I though why didn't they try sewing it up? We had an iguana years ago that got a cut on it's side and my dad and brother stuffed it's insides back in and sewed it closed. It lived for many more years. I don't know why culling is often people's go to move, unless they planned on doing it in the first place, but the injury just sped up the process.

I was just reading a thread about someone whose chicks were fed rat poison. People are terrible.

I like how you think! Though I live in a tiny apt and have no more space for random appliances and I can't bear to part with anything.. b/c who doesn't need a waffle cone maker?! Although I did just discover that my bread maker also makes jam so now I'm set for the rest of my life. I do need a new crockpot though.. mine is tiny and 15 years old.

Seems like the thermal cooker works like a crockpot, only you don't leave it plugged in.... and if you need a crockpot... I have about 5..... UNBOXED....

Morning all, it's taken a while to catch up. And I didn't grab quotes so will work from memory
-Drive Safe and yes pix
-Let me know how the thermal works. I have a solar oven, but never tried that
-crazy unfeathered birds...
-Definitely a fun thread.

Lazy, lazy Rj.

So, just wanted to let everyone know... I pulled out a turkey to brine and deep fry this weekend. You guys suck. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom