Anyone have Metro PCS cell service? How is it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenzoo, Jul 1, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Was wondering how their service was and if you have any problems in more rural areas, I was thinking it was a more "near town" type of service, but my T-Mobile sucks.......

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

T-Mobile is a "near town" service. Never even heard of Metro PCS.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

4. alabamachick

alabamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Alabama
    I had Metro "POS" when I lived in Largo. Back then it was brand new and was all that the teens could afford while in high school...

I think they have improved their roaming, but back in the day the moment you left FL you had ZERO service. Dont expect to EVER talk to a customer service rep...ever... Otherwise, it was good for what I needed it for.

5. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Get Verizon they are the best

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

We had AT&T for a number of years. We were paying roughly $185/month for 2 phone lines, no internet, 1400 minutes to share (plus roll-over minutes). 14 months ago, we switched to Metro PCS to save money. Our bill went down from $185/month to $70/month for 2 phone lines PLUS unlimited minutes PLUS unlimited internet. If we had Android phones, it would only be $90/month for the 2 phone lines.

We have the exact same coverage in our area that we had through AT&T (prior to 4G). In one year, we saved $1,380.

No brainer. Would NEVER switch back.

ETA: We sometimes have spotty service up here in the mountains, but so do my friends with Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Thank you for that info. [​IMG]

8. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    I have Metro PCS and I like it! probally not the cheapest out there ($40 month) but :confused:hey Their roaming has improved greatly and new areas getting added all the time. http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by