1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have Orps in other colors than buff? (lets see some pictures!)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mary Of Exeter, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I just love Orpingtons but I'd also love to have some other colors in the flock without sacrficing the Orp type and personality. I've heard of some projects going on but would like to see everyone's pictures! I just love seeing others' birds [​IMG] Even though the blues, blacks, and splashes are seeming to get pretty popular, you can show off those too!

Right now I've just got a few buffs, including my big boy Clyde, who is just the sweetest roo ever [​IMG] Still need to get some pictures of him!

2. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    I've got Black copper orpingtons! I'll send you pictures when I get off work.

3. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Cool! They sound very pretty [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What on earth is a black copper Orpington? Never heard of that even across the Pond. I have blue/black/splash Orps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Wow Cynthia, Those Blue Orps are Beautiful !!!!!!!
    Do you have any pics of your splash?

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Here's some pictures of my blue, black and splash

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Some of my youngsters.....I love the lacing on the blues.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Oh! All the blues are so pretty! I love splashes too [​IMG] But andalusian...has got to be my favorite color! In both pigeons and chickens, the color is just stunning. The lacing on the feathers makes it even better [​IMG]

Speckledhen, you're so close and yet so far! I wish I lived closer so I could possibly talk you into giving me some eggs, haha [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know, Mary. So much of NC is sooooo far away! Rareroo, I don't currently have any splashes. I just sold the only two I had to crazyhen in NC. I have one black hen, but she is finishing her molt. After my big blue turkey, Suede, has passed on, I won't be breeding them any longer, so I didnt keep any except my three blue hens and the Suedenator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by