Anyone have pictures of baby Turkens?

rebecca10782

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
We just got one at 4 weeks, she is so cute. I didn't know they were born with bald necks. I want to see a new born! If anyone has pictures, please post them
big_smile.png

Last edited:
SO cute!

Looking at them makes me laugh at the naive self I was when I got my first turkens from McMurray this spring. In fact, they were the first chickens I'd gotten in a while and I was thinking to myself, "What's wrong with these chickens?"
smile.png
I had myself talked into believing that they were regular chickens and didn't have feathers on their necks for some reason -- but "would". They were my 10 brown-egg layers, McMurray's choice. I love them now.

Haha yeah, that's a common reaction, especially if they weren't expected, such as your situation or out of an mixed egg hatch.. Others love them for the little cap look they have.

My first order, I ordered only two pullets in a mix with a huge variety of breeds with the idea that if I didn't like them at least they would not get to breed.. should made the whole order just naked necks!
wink.png

Aww the're all so precious!
wee.gif
clap.gif
I just got some pictures today of my little baby. I wish I got them the first night when they were only a month old, they were so ity bity
love.gif

Here is Josephine
She kept skwakin', I guess she wasn't in the mood to do a photoshoot
roll.png

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Funny, that's what most people think! But the breeder I got her from said they are very resilient in the cold weather and resistant to a lot of common diseases, like Cocci. When they're cold, they scrunch their necks down, and you can't tell them from a normal chicken.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom