Anyone have problems with Ideal??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by toddntiff, Sep 28, 2008.

1. toddntiff

toddntiff Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2008
    New Mexico
    I ordered from Ideal Poultry 3 weeks ago and when my shipment arrived 2 weeks ago, I was about 13 chicks short and got too many of one kind and none of another. So I called and they said they'd re-ship the ones I was missing. Well...last week my shipment came and same thing...I didn't get any of the kind I'd actually ordered in the first place and basically a repeat of everything I'd gotten the first order.
    I will call again tomorrow but I don't think I'll order from them again, too much of a hassel!

2. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I've had a total of 4 orders from them and not once have they messed up my order. Sorry you're having so many problems. Are you stressing the breed they goofed on? What breeds did you get? Maybe they're out of it or something?

3. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    neverhad problems with ideal, actually i reccomend them!

4. toddntiff

Aug 10, 2008
    New Mexico
    I ordered RIR and Americauna's and they haven't sent any RIR's. I'm inundated with the EE's!

5. tattooedchickenlady

tattooedchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Dinky Springs, la
    Are you positive they are EE's? (no offense here honestly) My EE's and RIR babies look alot alike, course I ordered from My Pet Chicken, but still......

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i had a great time with ideal, i got a herd of rirs a couple weeks ago,, but when i ordered my next batch they made me wait till the middle of oct. even though both breeds i picked said they were available the first of oct. < i ordered them breeds JUST because they were available,,, i sent an email to them asking to explain how they work that,, and even though im in texas,, i was surprised that it took a half a day to get to me [​IMG]

7. toddntiff

Aug 10, 2008
    New Mexico
    I'm pretty sure they are EE's. I looked at the pictures on My Pet Chicken and that is what they look like and their feathers on their wings are already starting to come in a bit and don't look anything like my 16 week RIR's. I thought I was wrong but the more the feathers come in the more I'm convinced they are EE's.

8. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    I have ordered from the 1 time, and was very pleased with the order and the fact that i only lost 1.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by