Anyone have reptiles/amphibians? Show 'em off!

Well I don't have anything yet but I just got this HUGE tank on Craigslist for $20 and I am thinking of either a beardy or an Iguana or my other thought would be to turn it into a terrarium and have a family of Anoles or maybe some Chameleons The hard part is making a decision I love reptiles and am excited about anythihg I decide on. Any suggestions. the tank is 5 feet long 18in tall and 15in wide my brother in law is a welder and he is going to make me a custom lid for it.

I'd say no on Iguanas and Chameleons.

They both aren't for beginners, and Chems are quite hard to care for. I've had 5 in the past and they are gorgeous, but require a lot of care.
As for Iguanas, if you're planning on keeping it for life, you're gonna need a bigger cage. Also, since they whip their tails, it's not a good idea to house them in glass. They like to climb and lay around too.

Well I don't have anything yet but I just got this HUGE tank on Craigslist for $20 and I am thinking of either a beardy or an Iguana or my other thought would be to turn it into a terrarium and have a family of Anoles or maybe some Chameleons The hard part is making a decision I love reptiles and am excited about anythihg I decide on. Any suggestions. the tank is 5 feet long 18in tall and 15in wide my brother in law is a welder and he is going to make me a custom lid for it.

Would make an awesome cage for a beardie or two. I wouldn't reccomend it for the other species because they are all climbers and would prefer more vertical space. Beardies make great first reptiles.

We have a beardie named Spike. He was a rescue - someone had brought him in to Petsmart the morning we came to adopt one, so we took him instead! We've had him for about 3 years now. We had another that we bought as a baby but she passed away a couple of months ago. :(

We have a beardie named Spike. He was a rescue - someone had brought him in to Petsmart the morning we came to adopt one, so we took him instead! We've had him for about 3 years now. We had another that we bought as a baby but she passed away a couple of months ago. :(

cute little guy
smile.png

I have a few dozen ball pythons and insular boa species. They have their own room in the house.

Some favorites.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom