Anyone have room for two more girls? (SoCal)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rjswayne, Oct 8, 2008.

1. rjswayne

rjswayne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2008
    Okanogan, Wa
    Anyone have room for two more girls? We have one BR and one EE. They are both healthy, laying almost daily and well loved. Our landlord is forcing us to rehome them and we are super sad. It would make me so happy if someone here could help us out, I don't really want to craigslist them, and I would like them to stay together. We are in the City of San Diego, but I am willing to drive them a few hours if needed.

They were born about March 26, 2008

[​IMG]

2. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    That pic is TOO cute! I would be glad to take them if only I were closer. I need a few more EEs and I LOVE my barred rocks.

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Oh man!! If only you were closer. I would surely take them. They are beautiful. OK, just ship them to me, lol!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

they are lovely!! If only I lived closer!!

5. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I sent you a PM. I live just north of you and was hoping to add to my flock in the spring if my zoning allows it. I'll be glad to check into it and see if your girls could come and join the three that I have currently, two RIR and an EE.

If it works out, it'd be great. Here's a pic of my three girls enjoying their homemade laying mash and yogurt bday cake on their first "hatchday" in March 2007:

[​IMG]

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    OK, these are seriously two of the cutest photos I have seen in a long time.

And there are loads of cute pics floating around this forum, so that's saying something.

[​IMG]

7. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    aww they are beautiful! what cute pictures! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I wish you lived closer! [​IMG] We sure do need more hens. [​IMG] not for eating, but for eggs and breeding. [​IMG]
    I hope you find a nice and loving home, and someone who is true to their word, and doesn't say, "i will take both and never separate them." then they go and do it anyway. [​IMG]
    I hope they are happy and you don't feel too bad. [​IMG] it's too bad they have to be sold.
    Good luck! [​IMG]

8. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    How about driving 1/2 way to Utah?? [​IMG] I wish I was closer I would take them in a heartbeat!! They are so pretty!!!

I love the birthday cake. SO CUTE!!

9. TanksHill

TanksHill Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2008
    Vista, Ca.
    Did you find a home for your girls? I have a couple dozen birds but there is allways room for more. I also have friends with smaller flocks who would love to adopt your hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by