Anyone have room for two more girls? (SoCal)

rjswayne

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Okanogan, Wa
Anyone have room for two more girls? We have one BR and one EE. They are both healthy, laying almost daily and well loved. Our landlord is forcing us to rehome them and we are super sad. It would make me so happy if someone here could help us out, I don't really want to craigslist them, and I would like them to stay together. We are in the City of San Diego, but I am willing to drive them a few hours if needed.

They were born about March 26, 2008

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Oh man!! If only you were closer. I would surely take them. They are beautiful. OK, just ship them to me, lol!!

Last edited:

Backyard Buddies

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
I sent you a PM. I live just north of you and was hoping to add to my flock in the spring if my zoning allows it. I'll be glad to check into it and see if your girls could come and join the three that I have currently, two RIR and an EE.

If it works out, it'd be great. Here's a pic of my three girls enjoying their homemade laying mash and yogurt bday cake on their first "hatchday" in March 2007:

Jenski

Songster
11 Years
Jun 17, 2008
Middle Tennessee
OK, these are seriously two of the cutest photos I have seen in a long time.

And there are loads of cute pics floating around this forum, so that's saying something.

Last edited:

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
aww they are beautiful! what cute pictures!

I wish you lived closer!
We sure do need more hens.
not for eating, but for eggs and breeding.

I hope you find a nice and loving home, and someone who is true to their word, and doesn't say, "i will take both and never separate them." then they go and do it anyway.

I hope they are happy and you don't feel too bad.
it's too bad they have to be sold.
Good luck!

Last edited:

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
How about driving 1/2 way to Utah??
I wish I was closer I would take them in a heartbeat!! They are so pretty!!!

I love the birthday cake. SO CUTE!!

TanksHill

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
Vista, Ca.
Did you find a home for your girls? I have a couple dozen birds but there is allways room for more. I also have friends with smaller flocks who would love to adopt your hens.

Top Bottom