Anyone have started chicks for a beginner in Eureka, CA?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by flagday76, Aug 2, 2008.

1. flagday76

flagday76 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    Carthage NY
    Hi! My sister lives in Eureka, California, and is looking for some chickens. She has never owned chickens before, and doesn't know anyone around town who has any. I think she would be better with started chicks, rather than day-olds. Is there anyone out there in Northern California that could help her out? She is only looking for 4-5, as she lives in an urban area with a small coop and small fenced in yard. I would send her some of my ever-growing flock, but I feel she's better off buying for someone local. If anyone could help, please PM or email me. She's looking for egg-layers, but has no particular preference toward color of bird/egg. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Have her check craigslist, I go up there sometimes (my sister lives in Redway, we visit the area a bit) and I always look up whats for sale in the Farm and Garden section. I know there are several breeders with nice birds up there that sell on craigslist sometimes (they posted pics and the birds looked good) They even have their own Poultry Club - The Humboldt Poultry Fanciers Association - I went to the end of the show this year. Good Luck! Tina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by