Anyone have their coop inside of a large run? Pics?

I don't think I understand this.

Could you draw diagrams of the two options?
Yep! It's a little confusing to write out. Basically, I have a 14x20 space to use, and if I put the coop on the outside I lose the square footage to the sides of the coop that could be run space. Here's a bad pic - dotted line is the allotted space.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 1.40.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 1.40.59 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
I love the lack of people in it 😂 Grew up in Seattle area surrounded by people. We moved last summer to hubby's family land and I'm loving the solitude
I spent the last 10 years in Seattle proper! Finally moved outside of the city a couple of years ago and now we're moving even farther away. Not full solitude, but it's great.

Yep! It's a little confusing to write out. Basically, I have a 14x20 space to use, and if I put the coop on the outside I lose the square footage to the sides of the coop that could be run space. Here's a bad pic - dotted line is the allotted space.
"I" would go with the image on the right. But first take it to your state thread.

I'd build the coop in the corner of the 14x20 and make the run encompass the rest of the 14x20. You could put the door to the coop on the outside, and have a separate door to the run.

If I have the coop flush with the side of the run and build around it, that'd give me the main coop door access so I don't have to enter the run to access them or clean.
Makes sense to me.
I assume the coop will be raised so they don't actually lose run space?

Back
Top Bottom