Anyone have trouble getting their husbands to help?

Ya'll need to have a talk with my wife and let her know how lucky she is that I'm the lead chicken rancher.
lol.png

We have a great marriage, and I try to jump into anything DW asks me to tackle...but most of the outside stuff is my idea in the first place.

yes,now i want to add a addison on one of the runs,and he keeps putting ME off.first he said he needed to look at back of the coop.and fiqure out how to attach it.than he told me to price out a dog run.which i did and it was around 300.00.and after looking at it I new it would not work.and we priced wire and post and he said it would cost alot more than the dog run.i can't complain either.he has built two coops.three runs and added 24 foot of lattice in front of the runs.and built two chicken tractors.if i had the physical strenth i would build the addison on the run myself.he may do it in time.but for now i'am tired of asking and have just given up.he and i disagrees on the size of wire needed.he thinks that 4x4 is perfectly safe.i say 2x2 .
he.gif

I would say just do it yourself in the first place then. Here, whoever starts the project is in control of the project and the other person acts as labor and does what they are told. Most of the time I do what I want to do while he is busy with his own projects. I have learned to do quite a bit on my own.
i'am a 60 plus year old lady.and don't have the physical strenth to do it.20 years ago i would have tackle anything.

If I included my husband in all of my projects we'd be divorced! lol He's a science guy and I'm rather artsy. Our ideas about things and how they should be done are polar opposite. Plus he tends to get angry easy and I am a bit of a dorkfish. My dad was helping me put the roof on my duck hut and I'm sitting there attempting to hammer in this nail. I'm missing over and over and over and whacking my thumb. My dad is used to this so he just sat there and watched until I gave up. lol My husband would have knocked me out of the way and nailed it himself. Then I would have been ******. lol

Anyway, we actually used an entire marriage counseling session to discuss how to fix a fence. We are that different and oppositional. :p

I had to laugh. My husband and i do work well together but thats more because I am shooting for saint hood. I think in some life he was an engineer because for a perfectly square coop he has to do these 3 dimentional drawings and it gets all sorts of complicated. I don't stop him though because if it aint square and perfect its not getting done. I have never seen anyone measure anything that much. The man would use autocad to plan a dog house I swear. I won't complain much though because at least he does it and he does it with a smile. I just bite my tongue and read a book while I am waiting.

Interesting to read everyone's comments,, I wish my hubby would help me more..
But in this house, it's my project till he tells me everything I've done wrong, takes over and complains about everything I've done wrong..
Then I go hide somewhere trying to look busy cause my feelings are hurt, and I can't live it down with him. Don't be too hard on your hubby, at least he tries!!
Ha. My husband tries that. He'll tell me, why didnt' you put the gate over here where you wouldn't have had to cut the fence. I look like, huh. Why didn't you tell me that BEFORE I PUT THE GATE UP! lol

I had to laugh. My husband and i do work well together but thats more because I am shooting for saint hood. I think in some life he was an engineer because for a perfectly square coop he has to do these 3 dimentional drawings and it gets all sorts of complicated. I don't stop him though because if it aint square and perfect its not getting done. I have never seen anyone measure anything that much. The man would use autocad to plan a dog house I swear. I won't complain much though because at least he does it and he does it with a smile. I just bite my tongue and read a book while I am waiting.
Lol. That would drive me nuts!! My husband is pretty good. I know I annoy the heck out of him but he doesn't say anything. His gestures are very eloquent though. When I put the fence in our chicken coop I didn't cement it or dig the hole very deep. He walks by and shakes my post and looks at me. I just grinned. lol I could tell he wanted to rip it up and do it right but he just walked on.

Your husband would probably kill me too. My duck hut is so wonky. I think it adds character. lol

Well from the other side of the coin, the Princess does not particularly care for anything with feathers.
idunno.gif
Traumatic experiences with Chippy the parakeet scarred her.
lau.gif
Bottom line - inside the house is hers, outside the house is mine. Do I help? Yes. If I am away will she take over? Yes. We are both somewhat strong willed, opinionated, control freaks so the job boss must be defined and the helper is relegated to yes sir, or yes ma'am. It's worked for 48 years, 7 months and 18 days, but who's counting.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom