Anyone have trouble introducing Naked Necks to flock?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lazyoranch, Nov 12, 2010.

1. lazyoranch

lazyoranch Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Pleasant Hill
    I have 3 Naked Neck pullets that I want to introduce to my flock of various breeds. I have tried this once before and the flock immediately started pecking their necks. The naked necks are visible to the flock through a clear pvc panel partition in the coop. I am wondering if anyone has successfully added naked necks to an existing flock and if there were any problems with pecking. I hope that I don't have to build another run just for this breed. I wanted them all to live together peacefully. Thanks for the replies.
  2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I have two nacked necks, thought they stick together, I really had no problems introducing them at all
  3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    I always have naked necks in my mixed flock. But I hatch my own eggs so each hatch are hatchmates and stick together. But ya, it is kind of funny to see smaller Buttercups surround a Naked Neck and protect her. From a young Roo that is checking the new young pullet out. No No No you stay away from our sis, she's to young. [​IMG]

The only time I have had a problem was from another Naked Neck, a personality thing. Personally, I would keep the Naked Neck and rehome or soup pot the others. I just would not tolerate such behavior.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by