anyone help

trishamonks

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
can anybody help me i went out tonight to lock in the chicks and found one of my girls in a awful state she is not hurt because nothing can get into them but she is gasping for breath and really thrown down she is about 11 weeks and were feeding her water with a .ml of baytril antibiotic in it i dont know what happened her i just found her in the pen like his i dont know how long shes been like this either as we were away last night but i do know she was fine yesterday morning she is in the laundry basket now cuddled up in a baby blanket and were feeding her water as i said but i thibk she is dying!!!!!!

So sorry to hear that. So it seems like there's no visible injury. These things do happen, and it is possible that she may have had a stroke or heart attack. What is she like right now? Are her eyes open? Does she seem weak on one side in particular? Could she have maybe not gone into the coop at night and gotten cold? How is her neck? Does it seem like it could be broken?

I have had a chick that seems like yours, and I gave it warm milk in a dropper, and she did come around, but sometimes you do lose them. Either way, don't feel too bad. It is not your fault, these things happen and often we never find out what the problem was.

hu no she seems so thrown down now her eyes are closed but she has opened them but just closed them again her legs are splayed behind her we tried to pull them up but they went back down but i thibnk the cold is a bug reason it was raining heavily over here today and she looks like she got wet and it dried into her i dont hold much hope for her i dont think her neck is broken she moved her head away from the dropper just now

she passed away just now in a way she better off at least she had indoor comfort for her last few hours

Back
Top Bottom