Anyone here train chickens?

My mom has trained chickens. She lets her chickens out in the afternoon to scatch and later goes back into the pen and calls her chickens and they come.. Too funny, when she goes in the pen and calls them to "go to bed" and they go to rroost. Too funn.:clap

So for the top chicken trainers, do you put the sisters away, and concentrate on one at a time?

I'm definitely not a top chicken trainer, but this is what works for me: One at a time is ideal, but often impossible. If you can get them in groups of 2 or 3 and one has already learned, she will quickly show the others what to do. Some never catch on.

I have trained 3 of my chickens (Almond(R.I.P), Moonbeam, Spice(R.I.P) ) to come when there name is called and Spice was trained to fly up on your arm and fly off on command Moonbean was also trained to spin on command too.

I have trained 3 of my chickens (Almond(R.I.P), Moonbeam, Spice(R.I.P) ) to come when there name is called and Spice was trained to fly up on your arm and fly off on command Moonbean was also trained to spin on command too.

I am resurrecting this old thread. My husband is working in MD and saw on you tube a chicken playing a xylophone. So he went to store and bought one and can't wait to come home and practice.

Back
Top Bottom