Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

No, I don't believe they sell eggs.  Plus, even if they did, I doubt they would be any more professional to work with simply because I switched from chicks to eggs.  Hatching eggs received through the mail have such low successful hatch rates, I am not willing to endure so much disappointment.  I at least want to start with a living, breathing chick. 
I have heard good comments about Ideal Poultry.

Sweet daughter! Good luck with the hatchlings. Have you been in the chicken arena for awhile? By that I mean have hatched eggs before? So brave to do it. It seems a lot of the BYCers do hatchings. It makes me nervous. :/

Hatching is nerve wracking, but, its also FUN! I do quite a bit of hatching (I'm collecting eggs for the incubator to start again!). Its a great feeling when you're successful and a real learning experience when things don't go as planned. Hatching has taught me that chicks really aren't that fragile. I've seriously messed up more than a few incubations, and when they can still make it through my mistakes, its pretty amazing!

Last edited:
I am excited for my first chicks, 20 arriving next week from Meyer hatchery. Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, Delawares, and Golden Wyandottes.

I posted elsewhere that after all my anticipation of receiving them, I probably won't be able to be the one to pick them up and am having to get my boyfriend to take care their pick up and first day at home. I am really disappointed but I am sure he'll take good care of them til I get home...

I have heard good comments about Ideal Poultry.

I love Ideal Poultry! We live in the Texas panhandle so they aren't as far away as some of the other hatcheries. We only lost one chick out of 10 and they refunded us for it and another with a broken toe. The one we lost was probably injured in shipping. Not Ideal's falt. :)

I get to pick up mine today!!!!!!!!! I have no idea what to expect and may have sent a few stupid emails to customer service.
1f616.png

I woke up at 4 and can't go back to sleep bc I'm so anxious! Note- these aren't my first chicks, just first time going directly to the hatchery.

I want it to be pick up time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get to pick up mine today!!!!!!!!! I have no idea what to expect and may have sent a few stupid emails to customer service.
1f616.png

I woke up at 4 and can't go back to sleep bc I'm so anxious! Note- these aren't my first chicks, just first time going directly to the hatchery.

I want it to be pick up time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leave early so you arrive on time. I can't count how many times I ordered chicks and I still feel excited likes it's the first time every time lol !

Leave early so you arrive on time. I can't count how many times I ordered chicks and I still feel excited likes it's the first time every time lol !

I would leave now if I wouldn't then have to find ways to entertain myself in a city I don't know. Lol! I think I'm gonna leave at 10. By the time I get there it'll be lunch time. Find food and then go wait for them to open back up and get my babies!!!!!!! I am ridiculously nervous! I'm so scared I'm gonna get there and them tell me they don't have my order or they never got it in the first place or something else stupid. *Note my debit card has already been charged for it and everything. Smh.... I'm a crazy lady.

A couple weeks ago my all time favorite hen was killed by my STUPID neighbors dogs! Note our entire property is fenced off. They dug in. Anyways...I was sad (still am) so my hubby wanted to cheer me up. Well, I've been wanting silkies so he bought them, and two ducklings, for me.
1f498.png
My poor husband. I wish him luck in getting me to ever take them outside.

Ok....I need to just stop rattling on.
1f606.png
Sorry....but I know you know my pain.

I would leave now if I wouldn't then have to find ways to entertain myself in a city I don't know. Lol! I think I'm gonna leave at 10. By the time I get there it'll be lunch time. Find food and then go wait for them to open back up and get my babies!!!!!!! I am ridiculously nervous! I'm so scared I'm gonna get there and them tell me they don't have my order or they never got it in the first place or something else stupid. *Note my debit card has already been charged for it and everything. Smh.... I'm a crazy lady.

A couple weeks ago my all time favorite hen was killed by my STUPID neighbors dogs! Note our entire property is fenced off. They dug in. Anyways...I was sad (still am) so my hubby wanted to cheer me up. Well, I've been wanting silkies so he bought them, and two ducklings, for me.
1f498.png
My poor husband. I wish him luck in getting me to ever take them outside.

Ok....I need to just stop rattling on.
1f606.png
Sorry....but I know you know my pain.
Yeah I do. Last month a neighbors dog killed one of my hens and they paid me for the loss. On Sunday while I was at church our dog killed my favorite hen. So I ordered more last night and hopefully they get here by Friday.

Back
Top Bottom