Anyone in Upstate NY

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Mom2Munchkins, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I'm about 30 minutes west of Albany... Anyone around here?? [​IMG]

2. Andreab

Andreab Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    Hi,
    I am about an hour north of Syracuse. I am just starting out with my flock. What kinds of birds do you have?

3. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Right now... None. [​IMG] Last year was our first year having chickens, and we ended up not keeping them over the winter. I have BIG plans for this year though. LOL And we'll be keeping them, we were jusy inexperienced last year. I am trying hatching, but looking for some good eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  4. farmgirl0930

farmgirl0930 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    I live in Binghamton, NY. This is my 3rd year of having chickens. I have buff orringtons, new hampshire red, few others, some silkies with more on the way, hatching 14th of march with an order coming 23rd of march, 40 jersey giants, call ducks, big ducks & 4 goats.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  5. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    I'm down state LI... but I wanted to say hi [​IMG]

6. SandyC

SandyC Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm up near Watertown. I'm going into my 3rd spring with them now and have started to branch off into turkeys too!

7. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Born in Rochester, lived in Henrietta until I was 3 but now in CT. I still have family all over up there, Fairport, Penn Yan, Rochester, Corning and more!
    Welcome!!

8. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    West Glenville

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not THAT Upstate, but we're located in Orange County, in the Hudson Valley.

10. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    I'm in East Syracuse, so technically Central NY. We've been reading, planning a coop & built a brooder. I hope to get chicks within the next couple of weeks. Planning on starting small, but would like a wide variety of breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by