Anyone in WV???

Quote: I think I read somewhere that they have to be separated for 2-3 weeks before you start collecting eggs. I wasn't sure if you wanted to go to that length and gather eggs. I am also not sure on how long they are good for before you start losing hatchability. I know with chickens it is 10 days but I have only hatched fresh duck eggs. I would be interested in a dozen Blue Swede but if that is to long then maybe 6 blue swede and 6 Cayuga or at the very least 6 blue swede.

Are your blue swede crested? Mine is and I don't want to breed with another crested so i am looking for non-crested.

I think I read somewhere that they have to be separated for 2-3 weeks before you start collecting eggs.  I wasn't sure if you wanted to go to that length and gather eggs.  I am also not sure on how long they are good for before you start losing hatchability.  I know with chickens it is 10 days but I have only hatched fresh duck eggs.  I would be interested in a dozen Blue Swede but if that is to long then maybe 6 blue swede and 6 Cayuga or at the very least 6 blue swede.

Are your blue swede crested?  Mine is and I don't want to breed with another crested so i am looking for non-crested.

No they are not crested. I can get 12 blue swedish if thats what you want. It should take me 6 days to collect as long as they each lay one a day which they have been doing. I read eggs are good for 7-10 days. When would you like them? We could split it up in two "shipments" if you want to be sure of getting the number you want and better hatchability.

If you want to separate them now, I will take them as soon as you start collecting. If you want to collect them for 5 days, I will take whatever you get in that 5 days so if they lay less than 1 a day, that's ok to. Let me know when you start collecting and we will make arrangements to meet somewhere convenient for you in summersville.

Back
Top Bottom