Anyone in WV???

Oh, good luck @BobbieJo81 ! That does sound terrific. Happy Mother's Day!
smile.png
Thank you thank you--Im about the break all of the 'rules' and see if anyone has an internal pip--its flipping killing me-- I think that the outdoor humidity here is high enough that it will drop the bator's lil to none if I just do one egg at a time-- Ive broke almost all of the rules so far--from not adding any water until today, to candling all the time-- one more broke isnt going to hurt much..

Happy Mothers Day to you as well!! Whether they are 2-legged, 4-legged or covered in skin, fur or feathers..they all count as kids to me--if I have clean up after it, feed it to keep it alive--its a kid..lol

TODAY IS DAY 21!!!!!!!!!!!! Have been meaning to text--house phone is still out, cant get old text app to work-- the girls are doing GREAT, still being babied inside but get all kinds of play time in the yard.. I have bought 3 more thermometers for the bator and a new humidity thing bc I was worried about them being off..paranoid much??..lol.. But I have had 3 infertiles, 2 quitters, and as of now 27/27 with movement.. I plan on sitting in a chair beside the bator and watching until I see something worth watching--cant think of a better way to spend mothers day then watching new life come into the world with my human kids--that is if they cooperate and hatch today.. Of course the past 21 days have felt like 21 weeks...I will text you from my new number as soon as I can .. 

Glad everyone is doing well. I put the ducklings out in the coop with the older girls today. They got picked on a little bit but I think they will b fine. Rudy had learned what he's here for (although not with the one he keeps fighting over) there were fertile eggs in the coop the last few days, YAY!!! Lol. He still thinks Earl should give up Diamond, he just can't convince Earl of that, LOL. Ive bn planting herbs and flowers today hoping for just enough rain this next few days t keep them from dieing. Haven't bn doing well last few days, spent 6hrs in the ER last night. After two shots of powerful pain killers and 9 hrs sleep I was able to walk some today but it weren't for my beautiful daughter "babysitting" me I wouldn't have gotten anything done. Goes to show if you raise your children to be caring and helpful children when they are adults you may be able to reep the rewards of that upbringing!
HOPE YOU HAD A FANTASTIC MOTHERS DAY!

Hope ALL you Moms out there had a Fabulous MOTHERS DAY!

I've got a Tomaru rooster I need to rehome - he's free to anyone from here on BYC - I'll be posting him for sale locally, but wanted to give my BYC friends first dibs. I don't have any spare hens at this time to go with him, I hope to in the near future, but these guys take for ever to determine sex! Right now I have 3 roosters and only 2 hens, I like keeping a spare roo - but one of these guys is going to have to go.

I've got a Tomaru rooster I need to rehome - he's free to anyone from here on BYC - I'll be posting him for sale locally, but wanted to give my BYC friends first dibs. I don't have any spare hens at this time to go with him, I hope to in the near future, but these guys take for ever to determine sex! Right now I have 3 roosters and only 2 hens, I like keeping a spare roo - but one of these guys is going to have to go.

WOW!! They are beautiful!!! Where are you located? Do you think that he would be okay as a roo for 8 RIR crosses?

Edited to add--- I just saw where you are in Cross Lanes, I may be wrong but I think that we are on opposite sides of the state :( Im in Doddridge county..

Last edited:
Aw, that's too bad. I just got an Ameracauna roo on Saturday for our little flock. If I hear of anyone wanting one I'll send them your way.
I'm sorry you've felt bad @Minminme. I'm glad you have your daughter to help and hope things get better soon!
@BobbieJo81 you're right. I have all that plus fish! Hahaha What's the latest?
Hope you all have a wonderful week :)
Beth

Aw, that's too bad. I just got an Ameracauna roo on Saturday for our little flock. If I hear of anyone wanting one I'll send them your way.
I'm sorry you've felt bad @Minminme . I'm glad you have your daughter to help and hope things get better soon!
@BobbieJo81 you're right. I have all that plus fish! Hahaha What's the latest?
Hope you all have a wonderful week
smile.png

Beth
@Bethel3330 Still playing the waiting game--I had a temporary break down this morning when there were no pips-- had someone talk me through opening the shell into the aircell to check on them-- I still see veins that are kinda thick so just holding out a few more hours to check again--literally paced holes in the floors and ready to drive to Elkins to just take my mind off it for a few..

@Minminme , aw :( I hate that you havent been well
hugs.gif
If you ever (and I mean EVER) need anything--do not hestitate to ask--Im just a hop skip and jump away--could be there in 15 mins max

WOW!! They are beautiful!!! Where are you located? Do you think that he would be okay as a roo for 8 RIR crosses?

Edited to add--- I just saw where you are in Cross Lanes, I may be wrong but I think that we are on opposite sides of the state :( Im in Doddridge county..

They'd guys are great Roos. Good with kids very friendly, they greet me at my car when I get home every day.

I do go to Parkersburg for work every couple of weeks if you want him I could meet you there.

They'd guys are great Roos. Good with kids very friendly, they greet me at my car when I get home every day.

I do go to Parkersburg for work every couple of weeks if you want him I could meet you there.
I would be nore than happy to do that--he would be a spoiled boy--thats a promise...@Minminme has one of my Silkie boys, she can tell you what a good boy he is--Id still have him, but I had 16 roos from last years batch and she made me an offer on 2 lovely girls that I couldnt turn down--I still have 2 Silkie boys here as well..I dont know how many times I have heard :wow, your chickens get treated better than some peoples kids"--lol--

You just let me know the next time you are coming up, I think it would take me about an hour or so to get to Parkersburg, unless you come 79 and then 50?? You can PM me and we can figure it out if you want :)

PROM NIGHT 2014 in Doddridge Co.

Tierra a Junior

Rachel a Senior

Brittany a Senior
Aren't my Granddaughters Beautiful!!!! So proud of all of them for such great academic achievements also! Love these girls!
Wow!! They are gorgeous !! I had a dress almost identical to the one in the middle for my Junior prom-- I Hated wearing a dress..if I could have gotten away with going to prom and homecoming in jeans and a tank top, I would have been happy..lol..

Back
Top Bottom