Anyone in WV???

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wvtoliver, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Does anyone raise wheaton/blue wheaton ameraucanas or salmon faverolles? I have some hatchery faves that are pretty dark rust-colored, and looking for lighter-colored ones.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. LittleFarmInWV

LittleFarmInWV Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    Hi everyone! Any chicken sales or small livestock sales in the area of Jackson County? I know of the one here in Ripley but didn't see much there I wanted. Looking for Buff Laced Polish pair or just a rooster and Dominiques or Easter Eggers. Also, have an incubator and looking for some hatching eggs that I could pick up instead of dealing with mailing. It's been hard to find any. Thanks guys!

3. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    I know this may be a bit far for you littlefarminwv but just wanted to post this so everyone who would like to go can get ready!!
    this is the 1st swap for 2012 in Uniontown Pa. I copied the link so everyone who has facebook can check out their page for more info.

POULTRY & SMALL STOCK BUY-SELL-TRADE
    Sunday, March 18 at 7:00am

4. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Anyone in the Huntington/Charleston area--I have 1 or 2 large breed buff brahma roosters to re-home. They are handsome, gentle, healthy, and 10 months old. PM me if you are interested.

6. WVstruttin

WVstruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    WV
    Hi all. I am looking for game chickens and turkeys. If anyone has any to sell please let me know. I am in Ritchie Co. Thanks

7. uptail

uptail Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    Southern WV
    Hello to all! I am from southern West Virginia......near Beckley.

I am just starting out, and this will be my first flock. I have acquired more chickens than I originally intended, but I had to get certain numbers of birds to get the ones that I really wanted. Once my flock starts to mature up, I will definitely be looking for a few new homes for some of them. Hens and Roo's.
    I currently have 4 black sex-links, 3 tetra tints, 2 Ameraucanas, 3 reds, and 4 lavender Orps. I am not really sure which are males and which are females. They are all currently about 2 weeks old. I plan on keeping about 9-10 of the 16. Lol.

Doesn't take long to get lots! As soon as I know which is which, I will post the ones that will need to go to a roomier coop than mine.

Good to see the other folks from WV! :)

8. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    I have wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, they are just starting to lay, so I don't have eggs or chicks yet. I'm in Cross Lanes. If you're interested, message me in a few weeks to remind me. Do you want eggs or chicks?

9. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    [​IMG]

10. MommyMagpie

MommyMagpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Salem/Jarvisville, WV
    Just popping in to say I moved, and now live near Salem, WV in Harrison County. We're out in the country on 6 partially wooded acres and will soon be expanding the flock......including adding a roo. Might get into quail too at some point in the near future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by