Anyone in WV???

I stopped counting...scared myself! Lol EGADS that chicken math!!!! I think it hit me hard! I'm going t sell my Red sexlinks, "Red" pullets and possibly even a couple more. Congrats on the duck hatch, hope all goes well! Love my ducks. Everyone says they are dirty n hard t care for, I must b doing something right (or wrong?) cuz mine are fairly clean and easy t care for.

That's encouraging for a newbie like me. I wanted some but hearing how dirty they could be scared me off. We have a pond that needs some ducks :)

They are no dirtier than chickens....wet YES and they can make a mess but seriously they are easier to care than chickens I think...lol. I love my ducks

Last edited:
Anyone in Southern WV have a white Silkie rooster for sale? I have one that just isn't doing his job in the fertilizing egg dept and need a new guy to put with my girls. I'm looking for one that is already breeding age this year if possible and can travel a small amt. I'm in Southern Wayne County. Will be in the Hurricane/Milton/Culloden area tomorrow.

I have a couple chickens that are coughing/sneezing and making a gurgling sound. I have found on BYC that it could possibly be worms or a bacterial infection. Does anyone have any diagnosis/ treatment advice?

I had a few do that over the winter also. My big too had it the worst I think. I treated them with probiotics and lytes and that seemed to help them. It got better and they are fine now.

A HUGE thank you to Minminme. not only was meeting her like catching up with an old friend, but she let me use her bator to try to hatch out a few eggs that I have been dying to hatch AND she sent me home with 2 of the most perfect Silkie babies I have ever seen!! Some people talk about WV like we are just a bunch of hill folk, and that may be the case..lol..but WV is full of the most generous. kind and friendly people that one would be lucky to have the chance to meet. Thanks again Minminme..the babies are settled in very nicely...in my bedroom..lol.. and I plugged the bator in last night and doing final adjustments as we speak and hope to have eggs in my noon!!! I am so very excited!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom