Anyone in WV???

Pics
I believe chick days begin in late March. For those in the Putnam/Kanawha county area, Greens Feed and Seed (charleston)and Towne and Country(Nitro/Poca) both take chick orders. If you want a specific breed and just a few chicks this is a great way to order from a hatchery and just get a few birds. They add your order to their chick orders and you don't have to pay any shipping. So for example if you just want three Wyandottes and you want them all to be pullets, you can place that order with the feed store and they will order from the hatchery for you.

Bridgeport Tractor Supply got their first shipment of birds, ducks, and rabbits this week. Ducks went fast. They had straight run araucanas and cornish rocks Thursday and a mixed selection of pullets. Clarksburg Southern States said they would get their first shipment the week of the 21st and she told me they were coming from Mt. Healthy hatchery. Also said another shipment will be in around the 27th. I haven't checked but Farmer's Delight in Grafton was supposed to get a shipment in on the 4th

Just called Farmer's Delight- they got in Barred Rocks, Araucanas, and White Leghorns.

Last edited:
wow, I'm surprised to hear two different store got in Araucanas. They are a pretty rare breed. I wonder if they are actually easter eggers they are calling Ameraucana's and they got them confused with Araucanas.

Quote:
I've bought a couple from each store. The TSC Ameraucanas are definitely EEs. I picked up six of them last Monday.

Farmer's Delight had the breeds mentioned by Ken and they had a bin of RIR's that were all sold and waiting to be collected. They slaso got in some POL birds, yesterday i think. I picked up two little brown chicks that had been labeled as Araucanas from them and i'm pretty certain that they are just EEs as well.

Here are a couple of pictures of one of the brown "Araucanas". I love their legs.

0f6cfe96.jpg

6abcb516.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I've bought a couple from each store. The TSC Ameraucanas are definitely EEs. I picked up six of them last Monday.

Farmer's Delight had the breeds mentioned by Ken and they had a bin of RIR's that were all sold and waiting to be collected. They slaso got in some POL birds, yesterday i think. I picked up two little brown chicks that had been labeled as Araucanas from them and i'm pretty certain that they are just EEs as well.

Here are a couple of pictures of one of the brown "Araucanas". I love their legs.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/babymikey2308/0f6cfe96.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/babymikey2308/6abcb516.jpg

They're cute no matter what they are
big_smile.png

Anyone in the southeastern part of WV,..the Lewisburg TSC has chicks. They had Ameracaunas or EE's, (which I bought 12
big_smile.png
), they had Cornish Rocks, Production Reds, and ducks. Since then they have sold out of some and are getting in new chicks daily. They also had some bantams. Southern States in Ronceverte are getting chicks in April,..but you still have time to special order what you want.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom