Anyone inspire you today?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Beekissed, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Today I was completely humbled and once again my preconceived notions of this world and of people were rocked. Today I saw love and it started a love in me as well.

Anyone else meet someone or experience something that inspired them today? Inspired them to see things differently or showed them something truly fine in this world?

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I went shopping with a friend today; we have to find something formal for another friend's vow renewal. My friend's elderly mother is visiting her, so rather than leave her at home, we took her with us. We didn't plan on shopping for FIVE PLUS HOURS. This woman was calm, cool & collected the whole time. Naturally, we made sure she was able to sit somewhere while we were looking & trying stuff on, but I couldn't even do that with MY mother, and you can forget my Grandmother! It was nice to be able to experience the pleasant attitude she had! I, on the other hand, come from a long line of crotchety old ladies, so she has inspired me to be the one to break THAT mold! It was also great to see someone her age be able to get around with as much ease as she did. I can only hope that I am that 'spry' when I'm in my 80's!

3. the Old Rebel

the Old Rebel Rest in Peace -2011

May 12, 2007
    Hendersonville NC
    About seven months ago I started feeding a feral adolescent cat who looked like she was close to starving to death. A couple of days later, she brought her three about seven-week-old kittens to the food bowl. Scrappy Mama (as I call her now) was literally starving herself trying to keep her babies fed with whatever she could catch. I put food out twice a day and gradually built a relationship, first with her, and then, eventually, with each kitten. Now they stay on my side screened-in porch at night (to protect them from predators) and are there every morning to greet me. Scrappy Mama would rather love on me than eat. She always looks at me with her warm, beautiful eyes and tells me how much she appreciates me for helping her take care of her babies. I cannot begin to tell you how MUCH her love and affection inspires me......

Because seven months ago I came to my Mom's house (that is 150 miles away from my farm and my DH and all my critters whose love keeps me going in this crazy life) to take care of my 82-year-old mother who has multiple health problems including dimentia. I'm also dealing with breast cancer. My life has been insane. Sometimes I think I am one step away from going insane myself. But God gave me Scrappy Mama and her 3 BEAUTIFUL babies to love and to be loved by. They are my anchor in these stormy seas.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post a picture or two tomorrow of my inspirations.

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Tigerlilly, I don't know if I could shop for over five hours either!!! [​IMG] What a gracious lady! We should all be so sweet at that age....... [​IMG]

The Old Rebel....cats??? Honey, you are the inspiration! [​IMG] If you are looking for someone who inspires you have only to look in the mirror! [​IMG]

5. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Quote:Yeppers. Katie did. (You can see Katie over on the "Other livestock" forum). She makes me feel good all over every single time I see her!

[​IMG]

Rusty

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yes, I was just inspired when I read this. What a wonderful story, and what a strong good person you are!! My best wishes and prayers to you and your mom, and Scrappy Mama and babies.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm inspired when a nearly dead parvo pup survives to give me lots of puppy kisses as I pass her over to her ecstatic owners.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by