Anyone interest in 2 dozen rare ayam cemani eggs?

bluenkimchi

Songster
7 Years
Sep 13, 2012
Not my listing, but just came upon this listing on http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Hat...7970&clkid=6480940191390541272&_qi=RTM1562570

Looks fair for such rare birds, if they are the really thing? But I wouldn't know, in the ad, it says he was an importer of horse from overseas and saw these beautiful rare chicken and just have to have them. So, short story, he has and have them for about 12 years now, but due to his traveling schedules, he just can't keep them properly. So, must mean he has kept these rare ayam cemani chickens from the public for a long while and just now has started selling them. Looks like he/she has had them imported to the US way before Toni Marie and Green Fire farms has. So, these would make great different bloodline to the other stock that are more well known already in the USA, but could also be same stock, since they might have also been imported from the UK as well?

Good luck to who ever bids/win and update us of your new rare Ayam Cemani chicks/chickens as they grow. I would have, but just too much for me now, someday :)

Seems he has other rare breeds imported as well not listed yet, so be on the look out if anyone follows him.

Edit: again it's eBay, so be careful of what you bid on and do your research before bidng/buying anything online

Last edited:
Im going to have to remain a bit skeptical on this one... but more power to anyone willing to take that kind of risk....
Very true, anything online that seems to good to be true...................But real or not, I don't think i'll ever drop that much for chicken eggs of any breed, not even live birds that many sellers are selling for now, except for wolfwhytes's price if he ever offers them up again
smile.png

Kinda like those people, who must have the latest technology gadgets for whatever reasons. Sooner or later it will drop to reasonable prices for all of us regular chicken folks
big_smile.png

Agree. I personally find some of the current prices for Ayam's an absolute joke. I cant believe people are actually paying it. There is absolutely no reason to mark them up that high, imported or not. But, to each their own and as I said, more power to them.

Not my listing, but just came upon this listing on http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Hat...7970&clkid=6480940191390541272&_qi=RTM1562570

Looks fair for such rare birds, if they are the really thing? But I wouldn't know, in the ad, it says he was an importer of horse from overseas and saw these beautiful rare chicken and just have to have them. So, short story, he has and have them for about 12 years now, but due to his traveling schedules, he just can't keep them properly. So, must mean he has kept these rare ayam cemani chickens from the public for a long while and just now has started selling them. Looks like he/she has had them imported to the US way before Toni Marie and Green Fire farms has. So, these would make great different bloodline to the other stock that are more well known already in the USA, but could also be same stock, since they might have also been imported from the UK as well?

Good luck to who ever bids/win and update us of your new rare Ayam Cemani chicks/chickens as they grow. I would have, but just too much for me now, someday :)

Seems he has other rare breeds imported as well not listed yet, so be on the look out if anyone follows him.

Edit: again it's eBay, so be careful of what you bid on and do your research before bidng/buying anything online
I dont know what all the hype about these birds is anyways. Just because they are the "rarest in the world, right now." I personally don't think they look that special. :)

I'd bet all my chickens that its a scam...pretty decent one at that. Except that anyone with the means to buy those birds more than likely doesn't have an ebay account and I suspect would fly to the sellers location on a private jet to pick up the eggs in person

Even if you received an egg, it would be to the sellers benefit to assure it doesn't hatch and you have no way to prove it was or wasn't what was listed.

But I give the scammer an A for effort :)

Last edited:
I'd bet all my chickens that its a scam...pretty decent one at that. Except that anyone with the means to buy those birds more than likely doesn't have an ebay account and I suspect would fly to the sellers location on a private jet to pick up the eggs in person

Even if you received an egg, it would be to the sellers benefit to assure it doesn't hatch and you have no way to prove it was or wasn't what was listed.

But I give the scammer an A for effort :)
Ditto, I saw his other listing, seems all a scam now. Again, it's eBay, anything could happen and we all have heard and seen stories of customer buying Ipads or other expensive items and only got an empty box with a picture

Back
Top Bottom