Anyone Interested in a 2017/18 Emu Hatch Along?

Pics
no I didnt' do that, I'm at day 52 for the first and day 50 for the second, so I guess I'm just discouraged at this point. kept the humidity constant, turned 4-5 times a day, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be :(

no I didnt' do that, I'm at day 52 for the first and day 50 for the second, so I guess I'm just discouraged at this point. kept the humidity constant, turned 4-5 times a day, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be :(
I got mine from kalaya estates. I heard the high success rates of emu eggs from there and that's where I got my 2 from. Maybe they were either not fertilized or scrambled in transit. I was worried about shipping because of how bad they can be handling packages that are sensitive. The eggs are still in season so you have another chance to do it. If you want, there is a local emu farm to me I could see if they have any available they could send you.

Day 48 now with the eggs. I broke down and drilled a safety hole into my smaller egg because it slowed down in it's movements quite a bit and I was getting worried. The hole is only 2mm in size and it was fairly easy to determine the air cell side of the egg as it felt cold while the rest of the egg was warm. You could practically follow the line where the air cell ended at by feeling the warm and cool parts. I'll post pics later today

To everyone on this thread if you have any questions please ask I will be more then glad to help. As for me I own my own business and I am a 24/7 mother so I turn my eggs once and our if not every 2 hours. I also have a spray bottle as I check shell temp daily as they get bigger they create more heat witch can cause cooked in shell. So my spray bottle is filled with sterile water not tap. And if the baby's get to hot even though the younger ones are perfect I will raise my fan up and spray and continue to do this until they are perfect... And I am speaking for the older baby's the younger baby's will not be hurt by a small cool down at all might delay but is better then cooking your baby that's about to hatch. I have more videos as to how and what I do I will post soon.and will have more in-depth videos later.please any questions you can pm me or post here. I love all living things and my eggs and kids are #1.

Back
Top Bottom