anyone interested in LAVEND-silkies-frizzles-polish eggs? UPDATE 7/14

They are just babies. They need some time to fill out and feather in. I will tell you that my youngsters are 6 months old and the girls aren't laying yet. The boys are anxious to get going, but the girls are still like
barnie.gif

In general, silkie owners/breeders (particularly those that show) tend to be very particular about long feathered feet (especially that they have good feathering on their middle toe), 5 well-spaced toes, good wing carriage, heavy top-knot, etc. Also, they probably don't want to commit until they see your black girls once they are grown.

Also, most avid silkie breeders tend to shy away from hatchery silkies...even the lavender ones. There are usually just too many shortcomings in the birds to try to correct with good breeding.

Quote:
I know they are babies such cute babies though-6 months and not 1 egg yet? ooh...maybe Im looking at spring? I knew I'd have alot of critics and rightfully so. That's why I priced them as cheaply as I did-at least it's getting the lavender gene in my silkies and other breeds...If they were all SQ I deffinatley would not sell them for that price. Good feathering on the middle toe huh? hmm thats a new one-this is why I dont show or plan on it. The heavy top notch and toe spacing , I knew. It will be interesting to see how they all turn out though-even if I dont sell that many eggs Ill just keep refining my flock for me:) My friend shows her silkies and Ive seen how crazy she gets on all details-no thank you-I'll just watch:) Thanks for your info very informing-I learn something new everyday-Nat~

Back
Top Bottom