Anyone keep Bantam Brahma and Wyandottes?

jsvand5

Songster
14 Years
Jul 7, 2009
Ocala, FL
In my search for the Bantam that lays the largest eggs these are looking like the two finalist. I am hoping someone on here keeps both and could tell me which of the two lays bigger eggs and is more quiet? Thanks for any help.

I have 5 bantam buff Brahmas, but I don't have Wyandottes, so i can't really compare...

My rooster has a very husky crow, which is much quieter than my Polish's crow (his sounds like a squeaky doorhinge!). He's never attacked anyone, but he's pretty mellow with his girls.

My hens are generally friendly, and frequent layers. I have 4 of them, and generally get 3-4 eggs a day. The egg size is smaller than a grocery-store egg, but they are larger than my polish eggs. It takes about 3 to equal one 'normal' egg. (Imagine using 12 eggs to make scrambled eggs for 2 people!)

As for bantams with largest eggs, I heard that D'uccles have a large egg proportionally, but I have never kept them.
hu.gif

Just my humble opinion!

Last edited:
Thanks. I am starting to think I may be better off just getting some standard size American Gamefowl. I have been reading that they don't do the egg song and that would be very helpful in my suburban neighborhood. I already ordered some Bantam Ameraucana and Marans eggs so I'll probably just wait and see how they do as far as noise before getting any more bantams.

Back
Top Bottom