Anyone know anything about the De Bruin Brothers Rabbit processors?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BarefootMom, Mar 6, 2011.

1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    I saw an ad on CL that some of the local people are trying to get them to do a pick up in Springfield, Mo if there are enough people interested. I just started raising rabbits, but I think it might be something I could really get into.

If not the DeBruin brothers do you have someone else that picks up your rabbits?

2. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
  3. circlecfarms

circlecfarms Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2011
    Columbia MO
    been there did that!!! if you dont have a lot to take you r better off just selling them local... rabbits are fun and pretty easy... but when you get a lot make sure they are organized and you keep track of everything to make it easy!!
    Good Luck

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    You probably won't come across many people that sell to processors for a profit, since, unfortunately, there's not really much profit to be had unless one has a very large operation and buys tons of feed at a time at a great discount and lives near the processor.

5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Better run the figures. Around here, they pay $1 a pound and want them ready to butcher and they want them delivered.

I can't raise a rabbit up to butcher size for the $5 that they want to pay. Not with the price of feed and the gasoline to drive them out and deliver them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by