anyone know how old this cream legbar could be?

Jul 1, 2021
The woman we got her from said she was laying and that she was approx a year and a half- but it's been 6 weeks since we've had her an no eggs. We can't figure out if she's older or younger maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_6884.JPG
    IMG_6884.JPG
    827.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6885.JPG
    IMG_6885.JPG
    697.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6886.JPG
    IMG_6886.JPG
    902.9 KB · Views: 13
That comb it's pretty red so, if it became more red in the last few weeks she may begin laying soon. If the comb was already that red that means she already started laying and maybe she is hiding eggs

i think it's impossible she's hiding- we have a small coop and run and were out there constantly. never seen her look like she's laying either. could she be old?

i think it's impossible she's hiding- we have a small coop and run and were out there constantly. never seen her look like she's laying either. could she be old?
She doesnt seem too old to me. Usually old hens start to loose color in their legs and beak. They may regain color after a molt, but your hen doesnt seem too old to me. How do you know she is not laying?

She doesnt seem too old to me. Usually old hens start to loose color in their legs and beak. They may regain color after a molt, but your hen doesnt seem too old to me. How do you know she is not laying?
Probably because it's supposed to lay blue eggs... maybe it's their only blue egg layer. ;)

She doesn't look old enough to be done laying. But she looks old enough to be laying very soon. Was her comb that bright when you got her? Ive also had some weird chickens in the past that just for whatever reason dont start laying till much later. 60 weeks at the latest. I would just give her time. Also the only cream leg bars Ive had (2) were the ones that didn't want to lay in the coop. So she could very well be laying them somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom