Anyone know how to make sunburned lips better?

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Ok so I went to the Big Country Bash on Sunday - all day outdoor event (Rodney Atkins and Gretchen Wilson were the headliners plus lots o' others)

Anywho I used spf 50 sunblock and am OK except for part of my neck and MY LIPS! I can deal with the neck but man sunburned lips suck! I have used burts bee's , a face lotion from my daughters dermetologist, and regular chapstick.

Does anyone have any suggestions what else I could use? They feel like they are chapped but worse. Actually it is just the bottom lip that hurts.

I will never forget to put sunblock on the kisser again! (OK I probably will)

If you are in serious pain and can't go out - dabbing vinegar will take the sting out. Won't taste great but between that and a couple of advil you should feel better. If you can get some try the Burt's Bees Pomegranete Lip Balm - awesome stuff!

Quote:
That's what kind of Burt's Bees I used.

It's not serious pain, but seriously annoying pain - if that makes any difference. Think I will take some advil and I just found some carmex and am trying that.
The Advil should help the one side of my neck that burned. This morning the skin on that side was stiff.

Stupid me, stupid me!

Back
Top Bottom