Anyone know how to make sunburned lips better?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pbjmaker, Jun 29, 2010.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Ok so I went to the Big Country Bash on Sunday - all day outdoor event (Rodney Atkins and Gretchen Wilson were the headliners plus lots o' others)

Anywho I used spf 50 sunblock and am OK except for part of my neck and MY LIPS! I can deal with the neck but man sunburned lips suck! I have used burts bee's , a face lotion from my daughters dermetologist, and regular chapstick.

Does anyone have any suggestions what else I could use? They feel like they are chapped but worse. Actually it is just the bottom lip that hurts.

I will never forget to put sunblock on the kisser again! (OK I probably will)

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

try taking aspirin for the inflammation and Blistex ointment (not the stick, the kind in the tube). Hope you feel better soon!

3. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    How about holding some ice on it? That is what I used to do. I may not use the sunscreen but I always remember to use the lip stuff. Feel better soon!

4. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    Blistex medicated ointment.

5. HennyJenny

HennyJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Bennington, NE
    If you are in serious pain and can't go out - dabbing vinegar will take the sting out. Won't taste great but between that and a couple of advil you should feel better. If you can get some try the Burt's Bees Pomegranete Lip Balm - awesome stuff!

6. Big Red's Mom

Big Red's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Terry, Mississippi
    Triple antibotic ointment with pain med.

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:That's what kind of Burt's Bees I used.

It's not serious pain, but seriously annoying pain - if that makes any difference. Think I will take some advil and I just found some carmex and am trying that.
    The Advil should help the one side of my neck that burned. This morning the skin on that side was stiff.

Stupid me, stupid me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by