Anyone know of any good middle names for Archer?

reveriereptile

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Northern NY
I know it is one of those love it or hate it names but so far it is a name that we both like have liked for the past few months. Half of the family doesn't like it but they got to name their children what names they wanted.

My husband is extremely picky with names and has turned down almost every name I threw at him. He'd come up with some historical background to the name on why we shouldn't use it. I don't know where he learns all of this stuff or why he has it stored in his head.

I like some of the mythology names but if we use Archer I would like a more traditional name incase he would like to use the middle instead of the first.

So far the only middle name we have is Archer William. William is both of our dad's names but we aren't sure about using it yet. We just really don't like the name and that it is so popular. Everyone that doesn't like Archer is wanting us to use William as a first name. His dad would rather we use Archer and my side of the family doesn't hand names down so I'd break the tradition. My husband likes the MN Thane but I think it might be to different especially with an uncommon first name.

I'd like to have a couple more middle names to choose from. We had the middle name Steel picked out before we picked a first name and it won't work with Archer cause our last name starts with an S and sounds like story. We have to avoid any S or R middle names cause of the initials and I want to avoid any J names too so we don't get the nickname AJ. Both of our families have a lot of uncles and aunts and they had a lot of children so we want to try to avoid using names already used at least in the last few generations. That knocks a lot of traditional names out.

Does anyone know of anyone with the name Archer and did they have any problems with their name? I find the name to be masculine and strong but it might just be me.

I forgot to add that we do have a lot of Irish in my side of the family and Scottish in his side. I don't mind using names of those origins.

Last edited:
I knew of a child named Archer Aragorn (first and middle names). I do like the name Archer. :) For middle names... Grey was the first thing that came to mine, for some reason.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes the name. I'm not really big on profession names but when I think of an Archer I think of the ones in the past fighting off invaders of castles or the Indians hanging off the sides of their horses to shoot under the neck for protection. My husband's family like hunting and him and his dad are pretty good at aim with guns. They can usually hit clay pigeons, targets, or deer with ease so who knows the kid might end up liking archery and guns. I always thought archery was more impressive than deer guns.

We still have about half a pregnancy to go but I started looking for baby names a long time before I got pregnant since we were trying. I'm thankful it is going to be a boy since we were having even more problems with the girls names. My husband was thinking of using Morgan if it was a girl. I like to make a list and go through it with my husband and see what ones he likes and then I add it to the maybe list. If I still like it later and put it through the having to say the name over and over then it is a keeper unless my husband changes his mind and that is where we have the problems usually. Morgan was actually one I took off the list for different reasons but he was set on it since he thought it was the name I was set on. I'm going to be careful with the boys names after the misunderstanding between him and me. I told him about my maybe list and doing a test run with the name.

My husband is now leaning towards using Thane for the first name.
hmm.png

My husband and me still haven't picked a solid name yet and I'm going to be 29 weeks tomorrow. I would like to start making name decorations for the nursery but can't till we have decided.

Here are the names we have so far:

1. Archer (mn either Odin or William)

2. Odin Steel

3. Thane

My family likes Archer better as a first name than the other two and his family likes the other two better. We are still leaning towards Archer more. My husband did say if we use either Archer or a different first name and have another son later that his name will be Thane. He is letting me have more say since I am the one carrying the baby. We are fans of the cartoon Archer and I did find out the other day that the headquarters in the cartoon has the initials O.D.I.N. We didn't realize that till I was looking up the two names together.

We both like mythology is where we picked up the name Odin. My husband likes the strong background behind the name.

Which name sounds better and would less likely have problems with kids teasing? I'm worried about bullying since I've noticed a large increase in it since I was in school. I'm hoping we won't have any problems with kids bullying ours since my husband is an attorney and had been judge. I also know that with kids clothes are important so I will keep him updated with the current trend. My husband and his family were really good at wrestling and we would like to get him into wrestling and see how he does.

I like the name Archer William. I think it fits together quite well. I also really like the name Thane and I think William would fit nice there as well. Don't let the families influence you too much. In the end it should be your decision!

Back
Top Bottom