Anyone know what breed my ROOSTER is?

Hot wing gal

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 5, 2012
Hi I am new to having chickens.I only have 2 lol, a hen who is a black Australorp and a Rooster who is grey in color but I have no idea what kind of breed he is. My daughter brought them home from school when they were chicks. Now they are about 4 months old ( I think).

Last edited:
He's lovely but I don't have any idea about his breeding.
Maybe a littel more info or a better picture?

Oh - and WELCOME to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I started a new post with better pics see what you think, someone else said blue barred rock?

NELSON my new post is called " What breed is my rooster? New pics I hope these are better!! " long title lol I think the pictures are better.

STELLACAT I looked up the blue orpington and the lighter grey ones do look like my rooster, but..... 2 other people told me on my other post that it could be a blue barred rock or a blue andalusian. So I looked them up too and the lighter ones look like my guy. So I am sooo confused lol. All I know is he is the most gentle and calm rooster I know. My australorp is also very calm and gentle. I love them both so much and I would love to get more chickens in the future. Right now I am new at this so I want to make sure I understand a little more about them befor I leap into getting more.
D.gif
Thank you to everyone for your help!! Your all so very kind and I'm so glad to have found this website!!

It's ok to be confused, I am as well, there is a possibility he is a mix but whatever he is I am glad he is a gentle rooster, some are aggressive and don't make good pets.

Back
Top Bottom