Anyone know what breed?

Here's the legs of my hen. The bantam's seem to be similar-ish? I've noticed and I'm not sure why this is, that my partridge and silver pencilled yellow skinned birds tend to get especially washed out legs. Probably a case of correlation rather than causation, but the same thing is happening in my Brahmas. I'd be curious if it could be genetic but I have no clue
View attachment 2663280
Yours is GORGEOUS!!

Here's the legs of my hen. The bantam's seem to be similar-ish? I've noticed and I'm not sure why this is, that my partridge and silver pencilled yellow skinned birds tend to get especially washed out legs. Probably a case of correlation rather than causation, but the same thing is happening in my Brahmas. I'd be curious if it could be genetic but I have no clue
View attachment 2663280
And yes, my barred rocks are supposed to have bright yellow/orange legs too.
They did, but after about a year old, now they're more pale tan-ish.

I think this is common.

More pictures. She’s nervous and flighty, but patient with being held. I couldn’t get her to eat out of my hand until recently- she’s 4. The bottoms of her feet are a lighter grey- almost white. She came from CAL Ranch in their bantam bin- along with another bantam- that the neighbors dog got- sadly. She lays white/cream eggs- and is a better layer than our Orpingtons, but doesn’t lay in winter. She was the first one of the bunch to lay, and laid in the nest box from day 1. She’s extremely quiet, and well behaved. Such a little lady. lol My kids adore her.

Attachments

• 5B2BF15C-BFE9-4307-8D7F-7F1B8AF94F1A.jpeg
    5B2BF15C-BFE9-4307-8D7F-7F1B8AF94F1A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 84E06F19-D7D8-46B0-B5FA-F90D3BD094C4.jpeg
    84E06F19-D7D8-46B0-B5FA-F90D3BD094C4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 2A36BD24-F55C-43A3-9434-DB57EB3E2D2E.jpeg
    2A36BD24-F55C-43A3-9434-DB57EB3E2D2E.jpeg
    712.4 KB · Views: 5
Okay now I'm totally stumped.

@Rhodebar Lover!!!
After doing a little investigative work, this is the most plausible scenario I can conjure. CAL Ranch is located in the states of ID, UT, AZ, and NV. It seems they now go through Hoovers but this bird certainly didn't come from there. There is a hatchery located in Caldwell, ID called Dunlaps Poultry that is the only if not one of the only hatcheries that carries Silver Pencilled Rock Bantams. They carry no other breed remotely similar. OP, are you near this hatchery by any chance? I have to go with it just happening to have the wrong leg color! I can't think of another breed that would appear similar without it being more wrong than just leg color :)

After doing a little investigative work, this is the most plausible scenario I can conjure. CAL Ranch is located in the states of ID, UT, AZ, and NV. It seems they now go through Hoovers but this bird certainly didn't come from there. There is a hatchery located in Caldwell, ID called Dunlaps Poultry that is the only if not one of the only hatcheries that carries Silver Pencilled Rock Bantams. They carry no other breed remotely similar. OP, are you near this hatchery by any chance? I have to go with it just happening to have the wrong leg color! I can't think of another breed that would appear similar without it being more wrong than just leg color :)
I am in Utah. I think that she looks the most like the Silver Pencilled Rock Bantam, for sure!

Back
Top Bottom