Anyone know what breeds I have?

notfunnycargo

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2022
Australia
I have 2 young pullets and one cockerel and I'm unsure of what breed they are. I am planning on selling the chicks so I will need to list the breed.

Here's the cockerel:

IMG_20220608_162710.jpg
IMG_20220608_162540.jpg

And heres pullet #1:
16566364189551838589905697437677.jpg

And heres pullet #2:

16566364489811491701732306781796.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I have 2 young pullets and one cockerel and I'm unsure of what breed they are. I am planning on selling the chicks so I will need to list the breed.
Where did you get them?

If you bought them as young chicks in a store in the USA, I think they probably are:
cockerel, Black Sexlink
first pullet, Black Sexlink
second pullet, Red Sexlink (often sold as Golden Comet, Red Star, ISA Brown, and a bunch of other names-- but they are all pretty much the same.)

If you got them from some other source, or in some other country, they might easily be some other kind of mix. They do not look like any pure breed I know of (black sexlinks and red sexlinks are hybrids: specific crosses that produces male & female chicks of different colors, so it's easy to tell the gender when they hatch.)

Depending on how you are listing them for sale, you might not need to actually know the breed. Just say they are a cockerel and two pullets, and provide photos like you posted here.

Where did you get them?

If you bought them as young chicks in a store in the USA, I think they probably are:
cockerel, Black Sexlink
first pullet, Black Sexlink
second pullet, Red Sexlink (often sold as Golden Comet, Red Star, ISA Brown, and a bunch of other names-- but they are all pretty much the same.)

If you got them from some other source, or in some other country, they might easily be some other kind of mix. They do not look like any pure breed I know of (black sexlinks and red sexlinks are hybrids: specific crosses that produces male & female chicks of different colors, so it's easy to tell the gender when they hatch.)

Depending on how you are listing them for sale, you might not need to actually know the breed. Just say they are a cockerel and two pullets, and provide photos like you posted here.

Thanks, I'm in Australia but from what others have said I assume they're all just mixes/sexlinks but helpful nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom