Anyone know what breeds these are??

eggorchicken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 23, 2013
1.Ok, I got the four fancy ones on the 5th of may and the guy I got them off said they were 4weeks but didn't really know, and just said they were a fancy breed but guessed they were polish but I can tell you they aren't polish as polish have more of a halo on their head. I don't know if they are actually brothers and sisters because the boys have like a bumpy circle comb and the girls almost have a normal one (I think). So now they would be around 12weeks but if anyone could tell me a more realistic date do and what are their breeds?

2.Also I have two pullets they both sort of look like rhode islands but I dont know, all I know is their father was a light sussex they are 13weeks if you can tell me their breed I'd be grateful too.

3.I have one of their sisters on her own in her own private house because she has a twisted leg and curled toes (she was born like this) and they were all pecking her. One of her legs are back behind her and one in front but shes getting around and seems happy, the vet says the only way to fix her is break everything and reset everything. Any idea what breed she is (father was a light sussex) she's 13weeks and a pure pet. Oh also should she be able to stand on wood shavings (I tried her before and she couldn't) so she's on old clothes (for comfort of course!).

4. Do you have any idea what breeds her three brothers are? (These are pictures of them 3weeks ago - because I sold them for fattening :( the only way I could get rid of them though).

5. One last question I have two red/orange awful looking hens that I think were battery hens who lay soft eggs and no shelled eggs and and if you even pick one up it just crumbles in your hand, any ideas why they lay these eggs they are quiet old they are around 2 1/2 or 3years old. They have access all day to oyster shell but still doesn't help they get loads of calcium - spinach, lettuce, yogurt, sardines with bones and lots more.

I will post pictures when it stops raining outside. If it does stop today!

Last edited:
None of the pictures are very good as it was still misting :(

These are the two roosters (fancy) the orange one has feathered legs. And the other one is the top rooster (in the pecking order).

These are the two pullets (fancy) the black and white one also has feathered legs and a normal looking comb the cream one has a little circular comb.

Last edited:
Any thing you could tell me on breed or facts about them like are the fancy ones bantams or what will they lay are the flighty and about the twisted leg one is it cruel keeping her or should she be put down?? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom