Anyone know what kind he is?

Quote:
Sure, but there are plenty times I've received, and others have received crossbreds from them. 1/3 of my Brahmas from Mcmurray are crossbred, hatcheries certainly don't sell real Araucanas or Ameraucanas, and absolutely no Gamefowl you get from them will be purebred.
wink.png

Quote:
Well- they breed for quantity, not quality. I have gotten some pretty nice birds from them though. I had dark cornish, white rocks and buff orps that were spot-on. The reds- not the pure RIR I had hoped for, but that was before I really knew what to look for.

I think your roo still has potential- he's young. Should get more white in his back as he grows up. Congrats on the rare breed! Get him some nice dorking girls
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well- they breed for quantity, not quality. I have gotten some pretty nice birds from them though. I had dark cornish, white rocks and buff orps that were spot-on. The reds- not the pure RIR I had hoped for, but that was before I really knew what to look for.

I think your roo still has potential- he's young. Should get more white in his back as he grows up. Congrats on the rare breed! Get him some nice dorking girls
big_smile.png

All that matters is that they're healthy though. And happy:) They do have good service. All in all...I like McMurray.

I think he has potential also. I definetly plan to get him some girls:) Thank you for the kind words:D

Quote:
First, *I* totally agree with you. Doesn't matter if my flock members meet breed standards or not. Just be healthy, and happy.

But it does remind me of what I've heard from friends who were prospective parents (and I've heard it more than a few times!): "Oh, we don't care if it's a girl OR a boy, just as long as it's healthy!"

So, there's a Gary Larsen cartoon, or maybe another odd cartoonist, but anyway, New Daddy is standing outside the delivery room, and a doctor in full surgical gear is at the door, "Well, Mr. Robinson, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but it's healthy!"
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
First, *I* totally agree with you. Doesn't matter if my flock members meet breed standards or not. Just be healthy, and happy.

But it does remind me of what I've heard from friends who were prospective parents (and I've heard it more than a few times!): "Oh, we don't care if it's a girl OR a boy, just as long as it's healthy!"

So, there's a Gary Larsen cartoon, or maybe another odd cartoonist, but anyway, New Daddy is standing outside the delivery room, and a doctor in full surgical gear is at the door, "Well, Mr. Robinson, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but it's healthy!"
gig.gif

Ahaha I can see that clear as day:) But it really is true. It doesn't matter
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom