Anyone know what kind of chicken I have?

idunno.gif
if its got grey legs then u got me stumped.....

No way! You all think my "pretty girl" is a dude! Im distressed!!!
sad.png
How soon will I know for sure She's a HE? And if she is a he then any suggestions of how to keep a rooster? Dont they need to be with companions? Also arent roosters mean? She/he is so docile right now is that because she/he is still young? Approx. 5 weeks of age? Im so sad! I dont want her to be a rooster! One more look. Still think its a roo?
roll.png

IMG_20080402_0370.jpg

Last edited:
I say EE, even though it does not have as much beard as the others, but I think I see a bit.... I say roo , too, way to much comb at this age to be a pullet... That is going to be one gorgeous bird!!!

A silver laced EE..... does anyone else have one ????

Do you mind telling us which hatchery he came from?

Nancy

Thanks. HE is a beautiful bird and like I said so docile. Everynight he sits on my lap while I watch TV. He just falls asleep in my lap and lays his little head down and sleeps. My husband thinks Im crazy. Im not sure which hatchery He came from. I think it was Murray McMurray. We actually purchased our peeps from the local feedstore. I originally only wanted 10 birds but I saw Him last minute and scooped him up because he was a gorgeous little peep. I will call my feedstore today and verify if the hatchery I mentioned is correct.

How soon do I have to seperate him from my girls? I dont want any babies only eggs! And will he be Ok on his own? Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom