Anyone know what my girls are?

Daethen

Songster
Aug 29, 2015
Southwest Wisconsin

I know the black and whites are Dominiques but not sure what the dark reds are or the beige ones. Plus in the first pic you can see some lighter red ones. Any help would be appreciated.

Your barred birds are Rocks. In some areas of the country any barred bird is called a Dominique or Dominekker, but the true breed has a rose comb and a lighter build than your ladies.

Your darker red birds are hatchery Rhode Island Reds, or production Reds. Basically the same thing.

The lighter beige hens are probably hatchery quality New Hampshires, but it's hard to tell from the pics.

Your barred birds are Rocks. In some areas of the country any barred bird is called a Dominique or Dominekker, but the true breed has a rose comb and a lighter build than your ladies. 

Your darker red birds are hatchery Rhode Island Reds, or production Reds. Basically the same thing. 

The lighter beige hens are probably hatchery quality New Hampshires, but it's hard to tell from the pics. 

x2

I originally thought barred rocks, but the tail didn't look right and when I looked up the barred rock the pattern of the black an white looked different. The light beige ones have some brown spots on them and are good sized girls.

Agree with donrae.

Back
Top Bottom