Anyone know what these are or what their coloring is called?

Samanthab12

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 23, 2013
These chickens were sold to me as araucanas and I was told they would lay blue eggs. After doing some research I figured out that they probably are not araucanas and thought they might be ameraucanas or easter eggers instead, but I can not find any examples online of any breeds with the same coloring as these chickens have. One laid its first egg today, and it was light brown, like a pinkish-brown, not green/blue. Just want to know if anyone can tell me what they think they might be. I don't really care that much, they are just my pets and I am already very attached to them, but I would like to be able to tell people what kind of chickens I have and what their color is called in case I breed them and try to sell any babies or eggs sometime in the future. This is them in their cage I keep them in while we are cleaning their coop. You cant really see it in this picture but they have feathered legs and pinkish-tan/grey feathers.

Last edited:
Sounds like they're just easter eggers. A purebred ameraucana would never lay a brown or pink egg. Because they're a mix I don't think they would really have a color, and depending on what's in the mix, you might not even get the same color babies when you breed them. That's the fun with mutts, you never know what you'll get!

Not a bad thing! I have a bunch of them myself! They're just not really a breed, just mixes designed to lay pretty eggs. Personally I really like them because you never know what you're going to get. I have twelve babies right now in my brooder that I'm watching feather out and they're turning out gorgeous.

Easter Eggers. Pretty cool that they have feathered feet! Are their legs greenish? That's a spot-on sign that they're Easter Eggers. Wonderful birds! They come in the most beautiful feather patterns(which never breed true when mated with the same color), they are excellent egg layers(better than most breeds), and are extremely friendly. You've got some pretty nice birds, would love to see a close-up of the pink/gray feathering :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom