Anyone know what these are?? :)

If they are blue Andalusians they will lay a good sized white egg. Do the grey ones have single combs? Kinda hard to tell from your picture.

Quote:
Your pale grey birdie is a beauty!
love.gif
Many people call that "blue".

Our mixed pale grey chickies lay a pinkish buff egg. Not nearly as brown as a brown egg, more pink. In another thread, the "blue" chickens tended to be the pink egglayers:
25976_05162010577.jpg

Not to ask something really dumb... but you can eat all eggs? Are they all prewety much the same tasting even if dif. colors?

Quote:
Yes they all taste the same I think the black chick is a rooster the 2 grays are some kind of blue breed. the red is a RIR. I get blue, brown dark brown, pink eggs and they all taste the same.

Quote:
A single comb has like a saw tooth edge on the top. At five weeks it will look similar to this comb:
60251_img_8844.jpg

Blue Andalusians have a single comb like the one in the picture.

Quote:
If you can get a better picture of the black one's comb and a good side picture of it's head it might help to determine what sex the bird is. At 8 weeks it really won't have any saddle or pointy hackle feathers yet.

Last edited:
I have 3 Blue's and I got them from my local co-op and they came from McMurray's and all three of them are different colors one looks just like your gray one and one is a deep cobalt almost black and one a very pale blue white with dark blue "spots" starting to appear on her wings the darkest one and blue white one are smaller than my lite blue gray one

Back
Top Bottom