Anyone know where I can find these?

Quote:
Huh ? I think I'm missing something ?

Well, I do not believe that the OP stated any issue with money problems. She simply stated that she would prefer hatching eggs.

I am sure that the OP has done research on each breed, and knows what needs to be done at this point. We here at BYC always try to be helpful and kind in our words that we write to one another.
wink.png

I have already contacted Reeves about his Pheasants. That's why he mentioned the money thing.

And Reeves, when I told you I couldn't afford to buy and have an Adult pair shipped to me, I guess I should have explained that better but I meant I coun't afford it (Right Now), and really don't need them ( Right Now) because, I believe I told you I am mainly a chicken guy and most of my money for the next year or so will be going into need breeds and creating project varieties of chickens. I guess I should have explained that better for why I coun't afford them right now. Aubrey explained it perfectly, I'm mainly trying to find a good source for them right now. And I would prefer hatching eggs anyway ,that way I could hatch them and watch them grow an give me more time to learn as I go.

I know not to jump into any think until I have reasearched very well and know how to take care of it, pen size requirements, feed and all that good stuff.

Thank you all for your input and these keep your opinions and any potenial sources that I could get any of the ones I listed.

Last edited:
I think if you find someone that has the breeds you are looking for,it's best if you buy chicks from them.Shipping pheasant eggs really takes a toll on the embryo.Too much bouncing will damage or kill the embryo.Chicken and quial eggs do much better shipping then pheasant eggs.Then you have to wonder if the eggs are even fertile and will any hatch.I'd much rather pay a little more for chicks then a chance to hatch from eggs.This way you know your getting something not a chance to get something.I have raised pheasants for over 30 years now and there is always an issue during breeding season.I raise 12 breeds which are:impeyan,swinhoe,eliots,mikado,amherst,blue eared,brown eared,black ringneck,grey peacock,temminick tragopan,red golden and lewis silvers.
I am looking for a male brown eared a hen temminick and a hen grey peacock.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
I agree but it's hard to find people who will ship chicks, especailly the breeds I'm looking for, do you ship chicks from your Elliots or Mikados?

I haven't had much luck hatching either breed.Fertility on both breeds was nil.They were young birds so hopefully they will settle in and do something this season.There are a few guys in Ga that raise birds.
Gerald Hayes in Flowery Branch
James Lyons in Ellabell
Herb Tart in Cummings
Or Kevin Godwin in Jay Fl
Get in touch with them if they don't have what your looking for I'm sure they can point you to someone nearby that has them.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
Well, I do not believe that the OP stated any issue with money problems. She simply stated that she would prefer hatching eggs.

I am sure that the OP has done research on each breed, and knows what needs to be done at this point. We here at BYC always try to be helpful and kind in our words that we write to one another.
wink.png

I have already contacted Reeves about his Pheasants. That's why he mentioned the money thing.

And Reeves, when I told you I couldn't afford to buy and have an Adult pair shipped to me, I guess I should have explained that better but I meant I coun't afford it (Right Now), and really don't need them ( Right Now) because, I believe I told you I am mainly a chicken guy and most of my money for the next year or so will be going into need breeds and creating project varieties of chickens. I guess I should have explained that better for why I coun't afford them right now. Aubrey explained it perfectly, I'm mainly trying to find a good source for them right now. And I would prefer hatching eggs anyway ,that way I could hatch them and watch them grow an give me more time to learn as I go.

I know not to jump into any think until I have reasearched very well and know how to take care of it, pen size requirements, feed and all that good stuff.

Thank you all for your input and these keep your opinions and any potenial sources that I could get any of the ones I listed.

thumbsup.gif

I hope you find the breeds your looking for when your ready. It is a great feeling knowing that you hatched those chicks, and so much fun to watch them go through the different changes.

RAREROO (etc) sorry for misunderstanding your state of things.

I joined to help out with the Pheasant aspect of this forum.

My Father raised them, and I have as well (on and off) all my life. I'm 53 now....

So, Let it be known, I did not mean to offend anyone.

One last thing
big_smile.png

Breed = chickens

Species = Pheasants , Quail etc.

lol.png

Last edited:
I think you got John Mason in Macon
I can get you Charles Hill in Commerce info to if I havent already.
Charles is a yearling only guy though

I know 3 of them that Tony mentioned too, they are all some of the best guys in the pheasant business..

I havent thought of it til I saw all of their names, but try the
Georgia Game Bird Breeder's Association too, it'll have all of their contact info, as well as all the members from Ga and all over the country....

Last edited:
Here is what is in the Game bird gazette
Reeves,blue ear,golden in red,yellow,silver and peach,[email protected]
ornamental pheasants,Flin-s-birdranch.com
elliots,yellow golden,amhersts,cinnamon,splash,peach,[email protected],[email protected]
www.doublelquailfarms.com
red,yellow,amhersts,[email protected]
www.westsideaviary.webs.com
3o types of pheasants,[email protected]
red,yellow,golden,amherst,[email protected]

there are more but only list phone numbers and you op said you were just looking so thinking you just wanted to loo on-line,but if you want the ones with only # let me know and will look again.

Back
Top Bottom