Anyone knows about a goose diary?

So far she has turned out to be a formidable layer. But, in all fairness, she's actually on her second laying period now.

She started laying in October, when she was 6 months 9 days old, and between October 19th and January 14th she laid 44 eggs. She then took a brief six week vacation but started laying again February 26th. I'm expecting her 79th egg this morning - which will be her 35th on this roll.

She laid 67 eggs before she was one year old and actually had to leave her birthday party to produce no. 68. Yes, we threw a small birthday party for her, and since she's imprinted on humans she really enjoyed the company. She doesn't care for cake, but she did get her share of the birthday bread rolls I made for the occasion.
She sounds very special

thumbsup.gif
how are your new kids doing?
This afternoon I'm going to let him at the pens, In home they make noise and smell very bad. I think they will be better in the pen because it's bigger and haves more place to run.
Any dangerous animal for them can enter inside, I going to close every thing. Later I'll take some photos to show you.
Thanks

This afternoon I'm going to let him at the pens, In home they make noise and smell very bad. I think they will be better in the pen because it's bigger and haves more place to run.
Any dangerous animal for them can enter inside, I going to close every thing. Later I'll take some photos to show you.
Thanks
Look forward to seeing some pics.. and YES keep them babies safe!
thumbsup.gif

The goose girl i love these videos, especially how your goose interacts with people the elderly gentleman especially, is he a family member just so sweet, and the one where it looks like there is flooding I believe in Jan of this year, is that your yard?

This are the pens:

After all this, I taked my babies to take a walk, and the girl start turning her head as if she were dizzy, I was very concerned, and I taked it on my hands, In a few minutes everything was normal.
Thanks

This are the pens:

After all this, I taked my babies to take a walk, and the girl start turning her head as if she were dizzy, I was very concerned, and I taked it on my hands, In a few minutes everything was normal.
Thanks
Looks like a nice place for them, as for your gosling acting dizzy that sounds like a vitamin deficiency remember we talked about this before, lameness and neurological problem can happen if they aren't getting the right nutrients, Your vet talked about vitamins for your other goslings which ones did she mention? I think I'd get them started on some and make sure they are getting plenty of good green grass too. I see greens what are they? remember spinach isn't good for them. I can tell they have grown they are adorable.

Last edited:
The goose girl i love these videos, especially how your goose interacts with people the elderly gentleman especially, is he a family member just so sweet, and the one where it looks like there is flooding I believe in Jan of this year, is that your yard?
Thank you. I'm just so happy to be able to share my videos - for some strange reason not many people jump at the chance to watch more than an hour of pure goose goodness.
idunno.gif

The elderly man is John, the two of us share faster Anna. He is a neighbor and a friend. He helped me by "goosesitting" my late pet goose, Keld, and John and Keld became great friends. John hadn't had a pet before, but he loved Keld at least as much as I did. After Keld died and I got faster Anna, we decided she belongs to both of us. She has built her nest in John's yard and sleeps there at night now.

Faster Anna loves bread, and she has taught John to give her treats from his mouth:

We live in an allotment garden association and each have a parcel. I don't think the concept exists in the US, but here in Denmark there are more than 60.000 allotments. The idea is to provide the use a small (about 4-8000 sq. feet) plot of land for people who live in urban apartments. It's rented, but the rent is very low and you're usually allowed to build a tiny house or shed and live there during the summer. Originally it was for the working class to let them grow their own vegetables (and keep them out of bars!), but today all kinds of different people "own" an allotment. Academics who like living in the city, elderly people who do not want a large yard to tend, students who like to grow their own organic vegetables, young people with kids who want their kids to be able to play outside, single people who can't afford a house with a yard. Most allotment associations are located within the city limits, as proximity to your permanent residence is greatly valued. Therefore, they also often function as recreational parks for the urban public, and some of the older associations, especially the one called Vennelyst, are great tourist attractions.

Our allotment association holds 167 allotments, and as it's in a rural zone you're allowed to keep pets. Some of us tend to "stretch" the summer a little bit further than intended, i.e. stay there almost all the time. It's not exactly legal, but as it doesn't hurt anyone, it's generally ignored by authorities.

The flooding video from January is not from my yard/allotment. It's from another friend and neighbor's yard; I took care of her chickens and ducks while she was on vacation. My own yard was also flooded that day, but not as bad as hers. Luckily, the water level never reached the house, so there was no damage. And the ducks were so happy - the chickens, not so much.

Looks like a nice place for them, as for your gosling acting dizzy that sounds like a vitamin deficiency remember we talked about this before, lameness and neurological problem can happen if they aren't getting the right nutrients, Your vet talked about vitamins for your other ducklings which ones did she mention? I think I'd get them started on some and make sure they are getting plenty of good green grass too. I see greens what are they? remember spinach isn't good for them. I can tell they have grown they are adorable.
I don't give him any spinach, only wild plants. They eat food for chikens, rive, wheat, and other things can find when we go for a walk.
Thanks

Thank you. I'm just so happy to be able to share my videos - for some strange reason not many people jump at the chance to watch more than an hour of pure goose goodness.
idunno.gif

The elderly man is John, the two of us share faster Anna. He is a neighbor and a friend. He helped me by "goosesitting" my late pet goose, Keld, and John and Keld became great friends. John hadn't had a pet before, but he loved Keld at least as much as I did. After Keld died and I got faster Anna, we decided she belongs to both of us. She has built her nest in John's yard and sleeps there at night now.

Faster Anna loves bread, and she has taught John to give her treats from his mouth:

We live in an allotment garden association and each have a parcel. I don't think the concept exists in the US, but here in Denmark there are more than 60.000 allotments. The idea is to provide the use a small (about 4-8000 sq. feet) plot of land for people who live in urban apartments. It's rented, but the rent is very low and you're usually allowed to build a tiny house or shed and live there during the summer. Originally it was for the working class to let them grow their own vegetables (and keep them out of bars!), but today all kinds of different people "own" an allotment. Academics who like living in the city, elderly people who do not want a large yard to tend, students who like to grow their own organic vegetables, young people with kids who want their kids to be able to play outside, single people who can't afford a house with a yard. Most allotment associations are located within the city limits, as proximity to your permanent residence is greatly valued. Therefore, they also often function as recreational parks for the urban public, and some of the older associations, especially the one called Vennelyst, are great tourist attractions.

Our allotment association holds 167 allotments, and as it's in a rural zone you're allowed to keep pets. Some of us tend to "stretch" the summer a little bit further than intended, i.e. stay there almost all the time. It's not exactly legal, but as it doesn't hurt anyone, it's generally ignored by authorities.

The flooding video from January is not from my yard/allotment. It's from another friend and neighbor's yard; I took care of her chickens and ducks while she was on vacation. My own yard was also flooded that day, but not as bad as hers. Luckily, the water level never reached the house, so there was no damage. And the ducks were so happy - the chickens, not so much.
Love this photo!!! It's very nice.
You live in a good place, I always want to live in a house with a backyard or garden to have my animals, but we can't permit this now.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom