anyone live in Pa

Quote:
Scranton area

Welcome to PA and BYC!!!!

Thank you! I will be there in July or August. I will need a lot of help as I have not lived up north in a long time. I have no idea how I will keep my goats and chickens ok in the cold.

Thank you! I will be there in July or August. I will need a lot of help as I have not lived up north in a long time. I have no idea how I will keep my goats and chickens ok in the cold.

Welcome to PA ... I live northwest of Scranton and my goats & chickens do just fine! I love this part of PA.​

We live in Sunbury, Pa.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Welcome to PA and BYC!!!!

All the answers you need are on here. I have a small coop for my chickens, with two perminant light fixtures in it, and they do fine with just a little extra heat from the light bulbs even on the coldest days. As for goats, can't help you there, but there are lots of people here who can!!

Quote:

All the answers you need are on here. I have a small coop for my chickens, with two perminant light fixtures in it, and they do fine with just a little extra heat from the light bulbs even on the coldest days. As for goats, can't help you there, but there are lots of people here who can!!

Thank you. We are getting really excited about moving.

Does anyone have any advice about areas to live around Dunmore? We need land that lets us keep the chickens and goats. Also, we have kids and are trying to find a place that is in a really good school district.

Newbie from westmoreland county, near monroeville.
Was wondering if anyone new of local places to buy chicks and all from? And if anyone has found certain breeds do better then others here?.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom