anyone live in Pa

Hi Welcome--I am in Allegheny county by the airport. I have bought meat chicks from Myers Poultry Farm near Johnstown with good results. They do not have a website but the number is 814-539-7026. There is also a list via this link http://www.poultryconnection.com/hatchery.html to other hatcheries in PA and other states.

If you get into this and want to consider going in on an organic feed order from Countryside Naturals down the road, keep me in mind.

Good Luck!

Kelly

tongue.png
I grew up in Moon Township, not far from the old Airport (lived almost in the backyard of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy up on 'the hill' off Montour Street) My mother owned a dog grooming shop, the Sewickely Canine Commissary back in the late 70's and early 80's. Earlier still, both my parents ran a petstore in Ambridge.

My husband and I moved to Harrisburg for a time to the lovely little town of New Cumberland. (Our distinct mark on that place was that we used to go to Mass at the Cathedral and once my rambunctious 3 year old escaped my hand after Mass ended and as I chased her out the door, we nearly knocked Gov. Bob Casey Sr down the Cathedral steps - he'd just survived major transplant surgery & we almost killed 'im!)

Now I live in the Northern Panhandle of WV, just 40 min from my Dad's house in Moon and even closer to the new Pittsburgh Airport. Can't afford the taxes out there In Allegheny county - or just about anywhere in PA anymore, so we chose WV. Its still a lot like home, though, if yinz know what I mean, with all them jagger bushes around here, the rabid Stillers fans & there's even a real still-mill. Just like home 'n'at.

big_smile.png

Ooooohhhhhh hello everyone!

So glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm really new and live in Perry County, northwest of Harrisburg. Will be getting a few chicks in a couple weeks and can barely contain myself with excitement!

ya.gif

Cheers,

Kathy

Quote:
Welcome Kathy! I am in Altoona/Blair County. My DH is headed to Harrisburg this morning. Is it as windy there as it is here? Gusts to 60mph! HOLY MOLY! I was afraid to let the chooks out this morning for fear they would blow awy!

frow.gif

Good morning and thanks! I should be working, but here I am.
caf.gif

Yes, it is terribly windy here. I thought the exact same thing about the chickens too. I walked the dog and felt like a kite! Have a great day!

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom