Anyone looking for Buff Orpington Pullets? (Free MA)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by monty617, Apr 14, 2008.

1. monty617

monty617 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2008
    Lancaster, MA
    Is anyone looking for Buff Orpington Pullets. My local hatchery sells in bulk and I do not have room for a min order. If anyone has room for 2-3 let me know. Free if picked up, I am in Lancaster, MA 01523.

2. kray

kray Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2008
    After all the hassle you went thru to find them, would you be willing to ship to FL?

3. ctcasper

ctcasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Minnesota
    I would LOOOOVE to take them, but I live in Minnesota. You should have no promblem finding a home for them. Good Luck.

4. monty617

Apr 12, 2008
    Lancaster, MA
    If you would be willing to pay for shipping I wouldn't mind it. I really have no idea of what to ship them in and where to get the materials, and I would feel very poorly if one of the chicks did not make the journey.

5. chickachickawhat

chickachickawhat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    hartford county ct
    how far away is lanchester from hartford ct

6. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    possibly. is it hard to ship chickens from MA to VT? How are orpington eggs?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  7. monty617

Apr 12, 2008
    Lancaster, MA
    Quote:Hartford is a little over an hour away. Would be willing to meet somewhere in between if need be. I will know delivery date of chicks tomorrow.

8. chickachickawhat

chickachickawhat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    hartford county ct
    ok

9. kray

kray Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2008
    Did you find a home for them in Hartford? If not, I would be willing to pay the shipping. I'm in the same situation that you are with ordering from a hatchery, it is so expensive just to order a couple chicks, and I can't find the breeds I want here locally. Only RIR's. Just PM me.

10. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Hatcheries ship day-olds because they can survive on the yolk in their stomach for 48 hours without needing to eat or drink. After the first 48 hours they will need a constant supply of food and water, and will not survive the trip without. Once they are a older they can, but please bear this in mind.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by