Anyone make art with blown eggs/eggshells?

My mother and I used to do pysanky when I was little. You draw on the egg with hot wax using a stylus, then dye them, several times over. We never blew them out; it took years before the hard-boiled egg would disintegrate inside the shell, and until then, you had to handle them very carefully!

I often thought about starting that hobby again, but I've blown eggs out with lung power, and it isn't easy! I'm going to try the egg blower-outer!

When I blew out eggs I would syringe water inside them just like you do with air but with water. The egg contents would come out the other hole like normal. I realize that isn't the proper way to do it but I didn't know that. I haven't seen any problems with it either. Of course I would have to rinse it out afterwards but I'll assume that it's the same no matter how you blow the egg out. I'll probably try it the proper way though just to see if there is a difference.

Ok what do you guys think! I was able to make a nest from some dried vines on my fence, and added some moss. Maybe gonna add some flowers or something...? I’m kinda really happy about it and also have no clue what I’m gonna do with it haha
227C7F93-8EA1-4E47-AD27-FB8CF3833A72.jpeg C36F1411-B90B-4049-A011-0FAB9C5980B2.jpeg

Ok what do you guys think! I was able to make a nest from some dried vines on my fence, and added some moss. Maybe gonna add some flowers or something...? I’m kinda really happy about it and also have no clue what I’m gonna do with it haha
View attachment 2417759View attachment 2417760
I didn't read the whole thread but so cool that you found dinosaur eggs in such pristine condition. (Lol)

Just got myself an egg blower and trying out some different crafts with my chickens eggs. So far I made this ornament and some creature hatching out of an egg (I think it could look better, but not sure what would help lol). Have you made anything from eggshells? 😊
View attachment 2416747View attachment 2416748
Those are great. Is the red one for the Christmas tree? I recently watched a Christmas craft show and one of the participants used an Ostrich egg to carve a Christmas scene - it was amazing

Back
Top Bottom