Anyone making hand stitched quilts?

That is a beautiful quilt. Love the colors you picked. That must be quite a mood lifter when you have those foggy, drizzly days of winter.
wink.png

Awsome job on the quilting! There is just something about hand quilting that makes a quilt look so cozy.

That is a really neat pattern. I have one that is realy similar.

Thanks ladies! The pattern is called a Tennessee Waltz. I went to the fabric store looking for americana colors but came home with these instead. It IS always drizzly and grey here in Humboldt and sometimes ya need a shot of something sunny!

It's gorgeous! Love the pic with it on the bed. Good color combo.
I'll post my pics tomorrow, promise. Don't have a nice clear photo on the computer, have to take some. Didn't get around to it yet.
Can't wait to get cloth for my next quilt. I'm like a child in a sweet shop when I go cloth shopping. The staff at the shop I frequent love me. I just can't help myself. I'll go in for a piece of batting and then I see this roll of fabric and get ideas... Next thing I'm at the counter with rolls and rolls... Took DH with to keep me in control, but he just encourages me!
And once I start sewing...

I've always hand quilted and up until a couple years ago, also pieced by hand because I didn't know how to use a machine. Then some lovely friends surprised me with an easy-to-use Brother computerized machine and now, my poor carpal tunnel ravaged hands save themselves for the quilting part only.

97969_dsc01774.jpg

Here's my latest. Sorry not the greatest photo, but should give you an idea...
Show me more of yours!

Sumi its BEAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL!! I wish I had patience to do that much hand work... I like the satisfaction of projects which come together quick, lol.

Back
Top Bottom