Anyone need a pigeon in Burleson, TX?

gregirly

Hatching
Jun 3, 2022
I have a homing pigeon that I was told is female and she’s probably about a year old now. I originally got her as a house pet which probably wasn’t the greatest idea looking back on it, as she was raised in an outdoor aviary. She isn’t thriving indoors, is terrified of me, and seems very stressed out. I feel like she would be happier with a flock in an outdoor aviary again. I really don’t know what to do! I’ve tried just about everything to help her feel better and to calm down, but I think she needs to be with others of her kind. Anyone know anybody that’s looking for a pigeon? She really is quite beautiful, she has a ton on white on her.

I’m sorry you’re having troubles with your pigeon but I think you are making the right decision for what it’s worth. I wouldn’t give up on the idea of an indoor pigeon if I were you, but it’s just understandable for me why your pigeon isn’t adapting well. Many of my homing pigeons are extremely tame but they really do not like getting removed from the loft and their flock and would make poor indoor pets. Occasionally I will have to isolate one for whatever reason and they drive themselves crazy trying to get out and get back, it’s just in their nature thanks to hundreds of years of breeding for homing instinct.

Anyway. Have you tried Craigslist? any responsible pigeon owner would be happy to pay a small rehoming fee for a healthy hen.

I have a homing pigeon that I was told is female and she’s probably about a year old now. I originally got her as a house pet which probably wasn’t the greatest idea looking back on it, as she was raised in an outdoor aviary. She isn’t thriving indoors, is terrified of me, and seems very stressed out. I feel like she would be happier with a flock in an outdoor aviary again. I really don’t know what to do! I’ve tried just about everything to help her feel better and to calm down, but I think she needs to be with others of her kind. Anyone know anybody that’s looking for a pigeon? She really is quite beautiful, she has a ton on white on her.
Do you still have your pigeon?

Back
Top Bottom