anyone need an extra owl

ga_goat

Songster
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Lowndes County Ga
right at dusk tonight I was shutting all my chicken houses and a small owl flew into the house next door to the one I was closing ,
I reached over the fence and shut the door now the owl is a chicken ,, the house was empty , I was cleaning it out for some BCM's next weekend . he's raising sand in there but it's built tight enough to keep him out so it should keep him in . by morning he probably would never come back here , from his size he's probably this years hatch .

Chickie'sMoma

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Rochester, NH
heh, i don't think you will have many issues with mice in that coop after his 'visit'!
lol.png

Rozzie

Songster
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
LOL Already said this on the other owl thread that is up tonight, but send all your owls my way. I love them dearly and all my birds are inside and safe.
smile.png

ga_goat

Songster
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Lowndes County Ga
I cautiously opened the hen house door this morning and the young owl came out and flew off ,, it looked like a 5 pound dove , never seen an owl fly that fast or straight .

featherbaby

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL 32210
Sounds like he put on his "bat-out-of-hell" suit and streaked away!!!!! Imagine his surprise when he couldn't get out yesterday! I hope he learns never to come back. Even though Owls are natural enemies of the chickens, they are still magnificently beautiful birds and I love them. I hope you got some pictures of him. God bless you for setting him free.

Top Bottom